The Portrait

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Aria Stevens. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Portrait

            I woke up with a smile on my face and the usual taste of red velvet cake in my mouth. I loved that I could enjoy the wedding dream again, even if it wasn’t going to come true. I was really glad that Fred and I were friends again. It felt good knowing I would be able to talk to him. I looked out the window and saw a brilliant blue, clear sky and the sun filled my room. I smiled more as I got out of bed and grabbed a purple sundress and underwear from my wardrobe. I walked out of my room and went straight to the bathroom to shower.

            After I got out of the shower, I went out into the sitting room and smiled at the twins who were eating at the table. “Good morning.” I said.

            “Morning.” They echoed.

            I grabbed a muffin from the tray in the kitchen and sat by Fred. “Did you get that picture developed? I want to send an owl to Jude before work.” I asked Fred.

            “Yeah.” He handed me an envelope. “It’s in there. And here’s your copy.” He handed me a picture and I looked at it.

            I was grinning while I held Max and his blue eyes were just staring up at me. He was adorable. I smiled as I looked at Fred and said, “Thanks for taking this. Jude and Lucy are going to love this picture.” I stood up and went over to the window where the brown owl Marge sat. Fred and George thought it’d be funny to name it after Harry’s aunt after they heard the story of him blowing her up like a balloon. I put Aunt Terry’s address on the envelope and handed it to Marge. She flew off and I saw Verity walking towards the shop. I turned towards the twins and said, “The wicked witch is coming.” I walked over to them and grabbed my muffing off the table.

            “We should go get ready to open then.” George stood up.

            Fred, George, and I walked downstairs just as Verity came in the store using her key. I ignored her as I got on my robe and went over to the stairs to greet people when we opened. Lee soon got there and went into the back room like he usually did now. Fred joined me on the stairs as George put the open sign up and we were open. The place was packed like always in five minutes and everyone was greeted happily.

            Right before lunch, a dark haired, tall man came in holding a large, rectangular package. He looked up at Fred, George, and I and asked, “Fred Weasley?”

            “That’s me.” Fred grinned and walked down the stairs towards the man.

            “Here’s your package.” The man said and handed the package to Fred.

            “Thank you.” He said and the man left.

            “Fred, what’s in the package?” I asked curiously.

            “It’s a surprise.” He answered and headed up the stairs.

            “But what is it?” I grinned.

            “You’ll see later.” He disappeared up the stairs and I looked at George.

            “Do you know what it is?”

            He shook his head. “Not a clue.”

            “Hey, Aria.” A familiar voice said down the stairs and I looked to see Draco.