The Deal with Draco

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Aria Stevens. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Deal with Draco

            I once again woke up with the sweet taste of red velvet cake in my mouth. It was making me want to kiss Fred more and more. In the dream, I was smiling bigger and was truly happy to see Fred waiting for me. And I wanted the dream to be real for the first time that morning. The only thing stopping it was Fred not being in love with me. Well, I wasn’t sure but that was probably true. Why would he be in love with me? He probably thinks of me like another sister. That’s what I practically was anyways. He would never love me like a girlfriend. I sighed with that fact and got out of my bed. The sun was filling the room and I looked outside over Diagon Alley. The streets were busy already with shoppers and I could see kids waiting for the shop to open. I should really get ready for work. I walked over to my dresser and took out a white sundress and underwear before going out into the bathroom.

            The shower felt nice against my skin and I thought of how much better it’d be if Fred was with me. No. That was too perverted. I had to at least keep my head out of the gutter until I knew for sure if Fred liked me. Once I did, though, my imagination could go wild.

            “Aria! George and I already ate so we’ll see you downstairs!” Fred yelled from the other side of the bathroom door. I wanted him to come in badly.

            “Ok!” I yelled and finished washing my hair.

            After I got dressed, I quickly cleaned up the bathroom before going out to the kitchen and looked for something to eat. I opened the fridge to see there was still some red velvet cake left. I smiled as I thought of Fred’s kiss and grabbed a slice. The second I took a bite, I started craving Fred’s lips more. I wanted him to just put his lips on mine and we’d stay that way for the rest of our lives. Before I knew it, the piece of cake was gone. I sighed and cleaned my plate before heading out the door.

            I hopped down the stairs and down to the shop. Fred and George were already in their magenta robes and were stocking the last of the shelves. I smiled happily at the back of Fred’s head as I walked over to the counter; which caused me to run into someone. I fell onto the floor with a scream and looked up to see Verity standing there. She was grinning and I glared at her. “You should watch where you’re going.” She said.

            “You should be stocking the shelves instead of Fred and George.” I told her angrily as I stood up. I looked around. “Where’s Lee?”

            “In the back.” George answered as he came over.

            “He’s seeing which products need more work.” Fred added.

            “I thought that was her job.” I looked at Verity who just smiled.

            “Lee didn’t want to work the register anymore so Verity said she would. Now Lee checks the products and stocks them.” Fred smiled at me.

            I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.” I grabbed my robe and walked over to the stairs to welcome the customers once we opened.

            I put the robe on over my dress and just stood on the stairs. I felt someone stand by me and I could smell red velvet cake. It was Fred. I looked up at him and he was looking at me seriously. “Aria, it was Lee’s decision not ours.”

            “I could’ve worked the register.”

            He grinned. “No. I like you working with us.” He playfully hit my shoulder and my heart fluttered.