All I Ever Wanted: Part 29: Goodbye To You

"She's cryin' on a suitcase... Sittin' at the airport.... Waitin' on the airplane

Bout to take her out of here..... Ooh

They're gonna call her number, She'll sit down by the window, The plane'll leave the runway, And fade into a goodbye sky.... You better run while you still got time....She's cryin' on a suitcase..." -Casey James

Hunter's POV:

"Hunter, someone is here to see you..." "It's two in the morning!! Who would be here right now?" Kay asked. "I don't know. Sam tell us." "I think you'll want to see for yourself." "Ok, fine. Kay do you want to come with me?" "Sure. I'm up now anyway." Sam walked out of the room and we followed behind him. When I walked out, I could have never expected who was sitting on the couch. It was my childhood best friend, Natailia... I haven't seen her since I moved to Nashville. "Oh my god! Natailia? What are you doing here?!" I ran over and gave her a big hug. "I missed you!" She said with excitement. "I missed you too! It's been forever." Kay spoke up and giggled as she said, "Can someone please explain what's going on here?" Natailia sat back down on the couch and walked over to Kay and put my arm around her waist. "Kay, this is Natailia, one of my best friends. Natailia, this is Kaylee my girlfriend." Natailia's facial expression went from excited to disappointed within a second. Kay stepped closer towards her and reached her hand out for Natailia to shake. "It's nice to meet you!" Kay said with a smile. "Sure... It's nice to meet you too." Natailia replied with a sarcastic tone. Kay walked back over towards me and I said, "Nat, what's wrong?" "Kaylee is the problem Hunter." I looked at Kay, and she looked back at me with a sense of shock. "Me? Why am I a problem?" Kay asked in confusion. "Oh don't act like you don't know Kaylee." Kay looked at me and mouthed, 'help.' "She doesn't know Nat. Honestly I don't either! Why is Kay a problem?" "Hunter, get real! She's your girlfriend, that is the problem. I came back for you." "I'm confused Nat, what do you mean, you came back for me?" "I have feelings for you Hunter, and no matter how hard I try to shake them off, I can't. I love you Hunter." Did she just say what I think she said? She loves me... Woah. That was all I ever wanted to hear from her.... But I had moved on.... Because she said she didn't feel the same way, when I told her I loved her. Now it's the opposite. What am I going to do?

Kay's POV:

Did I just hear Nat say what I think she said? She said, "I love you"?! I was in complete shock. To be honest, I was angry. Not at Hunter, but at Natailia. Why now? Why would she feel this way five years later? This isn't ok with me. I intended to be polite, but let my thoughts be heard. "Natailia, I really don't want to sound like a bitch, but I want to make this very clear with you. Hunter has moved on now. Why do you think that it's ok to just waltz in the bus and confess your feelings at this point? He had strong feelings for you all those years ago.... He was heartbroken... He let you go. Did you ever that maybe now he's moved on too? Did you expect him to wait all those years... to maybe... date you.... He moved on. Hunter and I are committed. End of story." "Oh really?! You two are "committed". Give me proof." Hunter grabbed my left hand and showed Nat the promise ring. He smiled, and said, "she's right Natailia, I have moved on. I moved on a long time ago. I waited almost a year for you. Then I finally realized it wasn't worth it anymore. You were madly in love with Bryan. I wasn't going to get in the way of that. Yes, you broke my heart, but I loved you. You are my best friend. So as you were happy, I was happy too. I moved out here to Nashville, and my career took off." He looked at me with a smile and continued. "Six months ago, I realized who I was meant to be with for life, and it's Kaylee. I love her with all of my heart. You are my best friend, that's it." Nat rolled her eyes and said, "I refuse to believe it. You mean to tell you that you see your entire future with a girl who is four years younger than you. She's seventeen Hunter. You're twenty-one. She's way to young for you." "Nat, I'm sorry, but you can't make my choices within my personal life. I'm sorry. It doesn't work that way." "Yeah whatever. You're mine end of story." Nat said as she rolled her eyes. "Hunter, I'm gonna go find Adi. I'll be right back." I told him. "Ok beautiful." He leaned over and whispered in my ear. "I love you to the moon and back." I smiled and he gave me a kiss. As I was walking away, I noticed Nat rolling her eyes. As I walked into Sam and Adi's part of the bus, I began to feel warm tears roll down my face. I got into their room. "Adi please get up. I need you." I said, my voice shaky. She noticed my tone and immediately sat up. "It's code red Adi." Her and I had codes for each other. Only we knew their meaning. I walked over and sat on her bed. "Do you remember I told you about Natailia? The girl that Hunter used to love, but she broke his heart?" She nodded and said, "are you kidding? She's here? "I wish I was kidding, and the worst part is, she told Hunter she loves him, and I know he tried to hide the happiness he felt, but I could tell, he wanted to hear that." I broke down completely. Adi pulled me into her arms and said, "shhhh sweetheart, it's going to be ok. I promise, it will be. I know for a fact, that Hunter loves you. I bet he's just in shock right now, but trust me honey.... His heart belongs to you... And only you." As Adi was holding me in her arms, it began to calm me down, but I know Hunter, and I know he has feelings for her. No matter how hard he tried to hide it. I can't let it get to me. Hunter stood up for me out there. Not her. His actions spoke louder than the words. The way he stood up for me, gave me a sense that things are going to be ok.... But I still wasn't convinced. After almost half an hour of venting with Adi about how I really felt, I wiped my tears and went back to see Hunter and Nat. I heard her say, "Hunter... You know you love me... And I love you." "I do love you Nat. I always will... But I'm madly in love with Kaylee, and she's going to be in my life forever." Hunter must have noticed I'd been crying, because he grabbed my hand and said, "are you ok." "Oh I'm good. In going back to bed. Are you coming?" "Yeah, of course sweetheart, I'll be right there." He gave me a kiss and I walked back into the bedroom, ready to burst back into tears.