All I Ever Wanted: Part 14: Love Conquers All

"Together... We can take on the world..."

Kay's POV:

Chad walked closer to Hunter and I and said... "Hey Baby... I missed you...." I felt Hunter tighten his grip around my waist... He made me feel secure. I hated it when Chad called me "Baby" and he knew it. "Hello Chad." I responded with no expression whatsoever. "Oh.. Do we have somebody joining us On our... Date. "Ok... Look Chad.... Lets get two things straight. One, this is not a date.... I'm ending things with you... For good. Two, This is Hunter....." I hesitated to say boyfriend because I knew how Chad would react.... But at this point... I didn't care, "This is Hunter... My boyfriend." I surprised myself on how much confidence I had standing up to Chad. I think it was because Hunter was right there... And together.... We could do anything.

Hunter's POV:

I glanced at Kay... Because I could feel her heart pounding. I held her a little tighter to reassure her I wasn't leaving her side. I was beginning to see why Kay didn't want to have anything to do with Chad. I stepped a little closer to Chad and said, "Hi, I'm Hunter... It's good to meet you." I can't believe I said that last part... But it was out of respect. Chad didn't even give me the light of day. Kay broke the silence by saying, "let's go to our table." "Good idea!!" I told her with a smile. I walked up to the waiter and said "reservations under Hayes for three." The waitress brought us to our table and Kay sat down. Chad tried to sneak in beside her... But I gave him a look as if to say "don't you dare..." When I sat down, I looked Kay and lipped "I am so proud of you." She anwsered with that smile I love so much.

Kay's POV:

"Here it goes..." I thought to my self as Chad sat down across from Hunter and I. Chad started the conversation. "How have you been Kay? I haven't seen you in more than a month. "I am doing amazing Chad.... I am happier than I've been in a long time." "Seriously Kay, you mean to tell me that you prefer this Hunter over me... I doubt it. How old are you Hunter?" Hunter replied without hestation. "I'm 21" "Really.... So.. I heard you are Hunter Hayes... the country singer." I rolled my eyes before Hunter anwsered. "Yes, I am very passionate about my music... I wouldn't change it for the world." Chad never fails to come back down without a fight. "Let me get this straight Hunter.. Since singing is your passion... and you're becoming very popular... doesn't that mean you have to go on tour." I could tell what Chad was getting at before he spoke... "God he is so iggnorant..." I thought to myself. "Yes..." Hunter replied. "So that means you won't be able to see Kay very oft-" I cut him off. "Chad stop.... this is my life.. not yours... I love Hunter... with alll of my heart and there is nothing you can do about it.... as a matter of fact... he is all I ever wanted...." "Ugh... Kay.. you DO NOT mean that... you love me not him... I love you... Hunter DOES NOT."

Hunter's POV:

OK... Now I know Chad is jerk.... "Chad.... I love Kay, more than words can explain.... she is my world." "Yeah.... sure whatever you say Hayes. Kay knows she loves me she just doesn't want to admit it. Oh, anf another thing... you are twenty-one, i'm eighteen. You are told old for Kay."

Kay's POV:

"Ok... Chad... this is IT.... you have NO right to tell me what to do and who to do it with. I am almost seventeen. Come on Hunter.... we are leaving.... Goodybe Chad... have a good life and don't come back into mine. I grabbed Hunter's hand as we headed towards the door. "I'm not giving up Kay, I love you and I am going to win you back. "Yeah whatever..." I mumbled under my breath,. When we got in Hunter's car, he turned to me and said... "I'm so proud of you... I knew you could do it." "Thanks... I couldn't have done it without you. When we got back to my hotel room, I changed into my sweatpants and a comfty sweatshirt. Hunter was waiting for me, lounging on the couch.  I went over and sat on his lap. "Hunter.." "Yeah sweety?" "I don't want Chad getting to your head... he is... well, Chad... anfd I don't him to ruin us." "I am not going Anywhere... I love you with all of my heart... and when we are together... we can get through anything..." "You promise?" As he leaned in to kiss me he said, "I promise..."