All I Ever Wanted: Part 31: Moving On

" Never let the person who left you make you miss out on someone that wants to be with you." - Unknown

•Three Weeks Later•

Kay's POV:

I woke up to sound of Adi's voice, mixed in with my alarm, singing Hunter's song. "Time to get up Kay. It's our first day of senior year!" I honestly didn't feel like facing all of our friends, asking questions about our breakups. I knew Adi didn't want to face it either, but we decided to put on our brave faces on, and get the day over with. I sat up, and smiled. She sat down next to me on the bed, and we embraced each other in a hug, knowing we were thinking the same thing. "We're going to through this ok? Maybe being at school will help get our minds off of everything!" I told Adi, trying to sound convincing. She pulled away, and smiled a little as she wiped a tear from her eye. "You're right! Lets just go get ready, and not think about the heartache!" We both giggled and I walked over to my suitcase. I has been staying at Adi's ever since we got back. My mom agreed, that it was a good idea. I picked out a short strapless dress, with a peach color on top and lace at the bottom. I picked my beige heels and purse to match. Adi came out of her closet with a blue strapless dress with a bow on it, a white sweater, with beige flats and matching jewelry with pearls. We curled our hair and did our makeup. We stood back and looked in the mirror. "We look beautiful today!" Adi said. "I couldn't agree more!" I replied with a giggle. "We should take selfies and put them on twitter." Adi suggested. "Good idea!" I said with a smile. I took out my phone and took a picture of myself through the mirror, showing off my entire outfit. After that, I posted it on twitter with the caption: "Ready to rock my first day of senior year with my girl @AdiSummers, by my side! ❤" Adi did the same as me, and then posted the picture.

Hunter's POV:

I was sitting at home on the couch, drinking my coffee and checking Twitter and Facebook. Nat and I had plans later on, but right now, I had nothing but time to relax. The tour ended great. I will never forget my experience, getting the chance to open for the one and only Carrie Underwood. I heard my computer beep, which pulled me out of my thoughts. It was a twitter notification.... From Kay. I was still subscribed to all of her tweets. I clicked on the link. It brought me to a picture of her with the caption: "Ready to rock my first day of senior year with my girl @AdiSummers, by my side! ❤" I couldn't help but smile a little at how beautiful she looked. I contemplated for a minute on whether or not to reply to the tweet. I decided to.

Kay's POV:

I was surprised to hear my phone ding with a reply to my tweet so quickly. I opened it up, and went into complete shock, it was from Hunter. Adi sensed my shock. "What happened Kay?!" "Come see for yourself!" I said. She walked next to me and we read the reply out loud together, "You look beautiful Kay! I miss you!" "Oh .... My...." Adi said. I finished her sentence. "Hayes...." "Why would he send you that?! He knows how heartbroken you are, and Sam probably saw mine too. Oh god..." "You know what? We'll worry about them later. Right now, lets go have a good day at school." "You're right." She said with a smile. With that, we put on our sunglasses and headed out the door. When we got to school, it was just like old times, busy halls, scrambling to find our classes. We finally spotted all of our friends. "Kay!! Adi!!" They screamed in excitement. Adi and I squealed in excitement as we ran towards them. Jenna met me half way and have me a big hug. "I missed you so much Kay! How was your summer?" I stepped back, looking at Adi and back at her once again. "It was alot of fun!! How about you?" "It was a blast, but It just wasn't the same without our two girls with us!" "We missed all of you very much!" Adi said with a grin. I saw Brandon looking at me out of the corner of my eye. I smiled and walked over to him. "Hey Bran!" I said with a smile. He embraced me in a hug. "I missed you!" He said. "I missed you too!" I replied. "You look amazing Kaylee... Hunter must of agreed with me... How have you two been." I was really confused. Didn't he know that Hunter and I broke up? I told all of my friends. I guess he wasn't in on the news. "Oh thank you Bran!" I let out a little giggle and then continued. "Hunter and I.... Um....i haven't seen Hunter in a while. We're taking a little break. He's been super busy!" I hoped that Brandon wouldn't read to much into it, I didn't feel like explaining the truth right now. *Bringgggg* Saved by the bell. "Bye everyone, we'll see you later!" Adi and said as we walked towards our 1st block class. "Woah.... Did he really say that?!" Adi asked. "I think he did." I said. It was a little weird that Brandon would say such sweet things to me, I mean, he had feelings for me.... But I thought he was over it. I guess I thought wrong....