Part 6- Voices and Memories

Note: this chapter will be on Jeff's POV but it's still viewed in 3rd person.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ow! Be careful where you put your knife Jack!" Jeff complained.

"Sorry. This one is just too deep" Jack says. Eyeless Jack was treating Jeff's bullet wounds. So far, he found atleast 8 bullets. "Also, this is a scalpel not a knife"

"Scalpel shmalpel. You know, I think I shouldn't be trusting a blind guy to fix my- aaaauuwweeee!"

Jack laughed and gave Jeff a bloody bullet. Jeff threw it at the wall in irritation.

"Stupid bullet" Jeff grumbled. Jack laughed. "Hey. That is the first time I heard you laugh"

Jack shrugged. "Yeah. It's been a long time since my last laugh"

Jeff has always laughed in front of Jack. Insanely and sadistically. Both of them has the same blood lust but Jeff was more psychopathic in a way.

They were inside an abandoned mansion. Jack found some torn but still usable fabric from old furniture around the mansion. He used it as a bandage for Jeff's wounds.

After a while of silence, Jeff said "uh... Jack, I just wanted to say-"

"Did you hear that?" Jack said, standing up.

"Hear what?" Jeff stood up, holding his bandaged arm. The silence was intense. Jeff looked at Jack disbelievingly but Jack took out his knife.

Jeff was about to sit back down when they heard a small giggle.

"Shh! Toby! Shut up!" The voice was a male.

Jeff and Jack immediately ran to the source of the noise. It came from a room upstairs. When they got there, however, nobody was there. There was no sign of anybody trying to run away here.

"You heard it too right? I didn't imagine it." Jack asked.

"You didn't... but just in case we both did, what did the voice say?"

"It said 'Toby', I think that was the name, and then 'shut up'"

"You're not imagining it then"

"What could it be?"

Jeff shrugged. "Ghosts?"

"No... just in case, let's look around. They might still be here."

~~~~~2 hours later~~~~~~~

"Maybe we really did imagine it" Jeff said, laying down in an old mattress.

"I doubt it but we have nothing to do about it. They might've already left and we just wasted our time" Jack said. "Also, you might be laying in a mattress full of mold"

"Eww" Jeff sat up and looked around the mansion. "Just imagine, living in a mansion this big. For free"

"Impossible but that does sound nice. Also, what did you want to say, Jeff?"

"Uh... nothing" Jeff wanted to thank Jack for helping him when he really needed him but it was too awkward.

When he was hanging from the steel beam, he thought that he was going to die but he would rather die than to give into the police. Jeff actually thought of letting go of the steel beam. To die. Until he saw Jack and he felt a rush of relief and gratitude but then Jack was also, still, vulnerable to bullets that time so he said told him to go away. When Jack refused, Jeff realized that it was actually nice to have a friend. He never realized it until that time but he was actually lonely and Jack just, unintentionally, made him happier.

Jeff looked outside a window. It was night. His smile grew bigger. Jeff stood up.

"Hey Jack. It's night" Jeff said.

"Yeah but you're injure-"

"Who cares?! Let's go!" Jeff pulled Jack and they went outside.

As soon as Jeff stepped outside, he felt another desire to kill. It was strong this time. He looked at the neighboring houses and he chose the nearest one.

Jeff used his knife to break in. When he stepped inside, he was in the kitchen. Jeff waited for Jack to come in and said "you kill the parents. I'll kill everyone else"

"When did you become the leader?" Jack said sarcastically.

Jeff ignored him and made his way upstairs. There were two rooms. One was a bathroom and the other was a bedroom shared by two brothers.

Silently, he closed the boys' bedroom door and then crept to the younger brother's bed. He whispered "Go to Sleep" then stabbed the boy in the heart. The boy's eyes flew open and once they saw Jeff, he made no noise.

"Close your eyes... and sleep" Jeff whispered. The boy followed his command.

He took his knife and went to the older brother's bed. Jeff was about to stab him when he remembered someone... Liu... his older brother... Jeff felt the strong blood lust fade and replaced by guilt and something else...

He shook the feeling off and stabbed the brother in the heart. Jeff left the room without another word. Jeff went downstairs and found Jack listening to the news:

Heavy rainfall will be expected tomorrow...

"Hey Jeff." Jack said. "Killed anyone?"

"Yeah. Two brothers. Didn't fight. Pretty boring" Jeff said.

"Wanna go out and do some more-"

"Killing? Nah. I, uh... think we need to get out of this place faster"

Jack looked at Jeff "Are you ok?"

"Yeah...?"

"That doesn't sound like you Jeff."

"What do you mean?"

"Normally, you're the one going crazy and start killing people... but all of a sudden, you're the one wanting to leave."

"So?"

"Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah I'm just... bored I guess..."

"Are you sure? Did a bullet get into your brain?"

"Haha. Shut up... you know what? Let's go" Jeff stood up and went outside.

They both followed the road. Neither of them said a thing. They just entered a road that leads through a forest when they heard a crack.

Both of them looked back. Nothing was there.

"Probably a bird" Jeff said. They continued walking.

Everything was silent until-

"I'm going to kill you, Jeff!"

-------------------------------------------

Sorry about that boring story. We just wanted to give you a little info you might need in the upcoming chapters.

Anyway, enjoy because-

Your time is up :P