Part 53- The Message

Jack followed the two sad friends on their way back to the main hall where everyone was sleeping. Nobody said anything, the air was cold and the only light source they had was Puppeteer's strings that went out from his fingertips.

"Hey... Helen..." The Puppeteer said after a long time.

"Yeah?" Helen asked.

"I'm... sorry, ok? I didn't know that Vine wasn't with you..." He said. Helen nodded and traced the smile on his mask again. The Puppeteer smiled. The smile Helen traced was real.

"Awww, you two are finally together!" Jack said. Helen and Puppeteer put their arms around Jack's shoulders.

"Thanks again, Jack." Helen said.

"Huh? What did I do? I just listened to you guys talk, I didn't do anything." Jack said.

"Oh Jack, that's exactly what you did!" The Puppeteer said. "You listened to us! Without you, we could've kept fighting while not realising that one of our friends were in trouble."

"Yeah, Vine needs us and we're gonna have to work together to do that." Helen said. Jack smiled.

"Awesome! The duo is back together now!" Jack said.

They laughed as they entered the main hall. They silently made their way to Jeff without waking anybody. When they got there, Jeff was balancing his knife on his tongue while Ben watched in awe.

"Hey Ben!" Jack whispered as he sat down beside Ben on his bed. "Whatcha doin?"

"Oh, I lost to Dark Link on a competition on Mortal combat and on which game is better: Majora's mask or Ocarina of Time. I lost, so I get to spend time with you guys!" Ben said.

"Elelelele." Jeff said, trying to keep the knife balanced.

"What was that?" Helen asked as he and Puppeteer sat down next to them.

"Elelelele." Jeff said again. Jack took the knife from his mouth. "Heeeey, I was trying to beat world record!"

Jack sighed. "Jeff, this is why Slendy wanted me to guide you. If I'm not here, you could've already died."

Jeff rolled his eyes. "Pffft. Oh Jack, you and your sarcasm. Anyway, what's up?"

"Vine is gone. Zalgo has him." Helen said, quietly.

"What!?" Jeff and Ben asked.

"Shhhhhhhh!" The three of them said.

"Sorry..." Jeff and Ben whispered.

"So... what are you gonna do now?" Jeff asked them.

Helen sighed. "Slendy says that we can't do anything else unless we learn what happened to him."

Jeff sighed. "I know what happens when Zalgo hypnotises you, you forget everything and feel like you're in a dream..."

"How did you escape?" Helen asked.

"Well... I heard a voice..."

"Jack's?" Puppeteer asked.

Jeff nodded. "I don't know if Vine is strong enough to resist him."

"Why? What happened while you were hypnotised?" Ben asked. Jeff looked at his hands and stayed silent.

"Jeff...?" Helen poked him.

"Well... basically, he shows you something... that you want the most..." Jeff paused. "I have to admit, he almost made me believe everything... all the lies. It was all beautiful. Everything. It was all very convincing."