Part 73 - I Promise

A/N: this is Toby's POV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toby didn't know what he was saying to his fellow proxies. He was just saying some random crap that he doesn't even know. It was like his mouth was being possessed or something. He didn't know that Habit owned the Rake or what the hell BOB is. In fact, he doesn't even know what he wanted to tell Firebrand nor what he was actually planning.

Now, Toby is walking through a random neighborhood. It was midnight and everyone was asleep. They were walking in the middle of the road which gave them a possibility of them getting caught.

Firebrand, Observer, Habit, and Hoodie was with him. Nurse Ann was ordered to tell her friend, Dr Smiley-face or whatever name Toby's mouth said, to prepare of this so-called 'war'. Masky was ordered to check on the mansion and on everyone else.

"What are we doing here, Toby?" Firebrand asked.

"Yeah," Habit said. "Isn't this neighborhood where you live, Noah?"

"Y-Yeah..." Firebrand replied.

"Don't worry. You just have something that would aid us in battle." Toby's mouth said.

What the hell did I just say? Toby asked himself. What am I even looking for?

"I do?" Firebrand asked, uncertain.

"He does?" Habit asked.

"Yep." Observer and Toby answered in unison.

"What is it?" Firebrand asked.

"The journal..." Toby replied. He glanced at Firebrand through his shoulder. "Do you remember it?"

"T-The journal that... I gave Noah... or myself?" Firebrand asked. His voice was suddenly shaky and scared. "I... um..."

Toby stopped walking and so did his fellow proxies. He looked at Firebrand who seemed to be cowering. "What's the matter, Noah?"

"W-Well... It's j-just... I m-may have..." Firebrand stuttered as he scratched his head.

"You..?" Habit asked, crossing his arms. "You... lost it...."

"Um... yes?..." Firebrand said, twiddling his fingers unsure.

Toby sighed. "What happened?"

"I-" Firebrand started to say.

Observer interrupted. "I have it. Noah is careless and Firebrand is an idiot."

"You have it?" Toby repeated.

Observer nodded. "However, I am not allowed to show it. His orders, of course."

"So we went here for no reason?" Hoodie asked.

"Actually, we do." Toby said. "This place..."

...

...

...

Toby was suddenly alone in the kitchen of the mansion with no memory of what happened next. He rubbed his head in confusion. "What the..."

As he slowly realized what happened, he heard voices behind the door of the kitchen. He listened very carefully.

"Father..." the voice was unfamiliar and sounds like a little girl's but it was not Sally's. "Why do I have to do it?..."

Nobody replied but the girl continued to talk.

"But... they're so nice to me... why?..." She asked.

Again, no response.

"I... I guess so..." She said. "Thank you Father..." There was a short pause. "I love you, Father."