Part 35- Zalgo's victim

EJ was still holding the book as he and Jeff were teleported back to the roof. When they arrived, Splendy and Toby were waiting for them.

"May I see the book Jack?" Splendy asked. EJ nodded and handed the book to him. "Ah... this symbol is my brother's"

"So he is The Operator" Jeff said.

"The what?" Toby asked.

"Nevermind that. How did you get this?" Splendy asked.

"We looked in his office for clues to what the object might" EJ said. He rememebered that he didn't ask Splendy's permission to check Slendy's office.

Splendy chuckled. "If Slendy was here, he would've thrown you two out the window"

"Aaaand he'd say 'If I ever caught you in here again, it won't be the window I'll throw you out off!'" Toby said in a grumpy-old-man voice. Splendy laughed.

"Will you throw us out of the window, Toby?" Jeff said.

"Nah"

"I come on! Please, just once!" Jeff said. They laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Splendy, check the last page" LJ said.

Splendy went to the last page, and read it. Toby did too.

"This is the witch's handwriting..." Splendy said. "This is, no doubt, a prophecy..."

"Do you think Slendy already knew about this?" Toby asked.

"Of course, I guess that's also why he made you his successor" Splendy told Toby.

"Yeah, I mean, look at that line" Toby pointed something at the book. "His life is the price, but even in death, his soul still alive... that means me, right?"

"Yes... I'm guessing the clue you want to find is the bottom-half of this page"

Jack nodded. "We also think that another clue that might lead us to the object is-"

"The witch's book. I'm sorry Jack but if it did, I would've told you already"

"We have to check!" Jeff said. "You might've overlooked a simple thing! She might've left you a message!"

"Jeff, my brother already did that for a whole century. There was nothing unusual about the book. It was just a normal book about how humans live and what their weaknesses is" Splendy told him.

"Then what are we supposed to do!? Where could we look!?" EJ said, frustrated.

"I'm sorry that I made you disappointed, Jack but I do think that Slendy left this as a clue" Splendy gave the book back to Jack but Toby grabbed it.

"Wait. Can I see?" Toby asked, opening the book.

Masky and Hoodie suddenly appeared. Masky was holding papers on his hand. EJ's eyes widened.

"Masky, did you find it?" EJ asked. The others looked at him.

"Not the bottom-half. But we found something else!" Masky said.

"It's really helpful!" Hoodie said. "I don't think it has the item thing but it has something else! Read it!"

EJ looked at the paper. He read outloud:

Dear diary,

I don't know if I'm going crazy. Maybe I am but I always feel like everyone isn't them anymore. People look like they turned into monsters. Sometimes I see people's eyes and see nothing but black. Sometimes, the walls look like little black worms are coming out of them. That's not even half of what happened to me!