Part 8- Personal issues

"Where are we?" Jane asked. She was soaking wet from the heavy rain. The sun was supposed to be shining but the clouds drove it away.

"Don't know" Jeff said. He and Eyeless Jack wore hoodies. Jane isn't lucky.

"I guess I should've listened to the news when I got the chance" Jack said to himself.

The trio followed the road that looked like it leads to a never ending path. With every step, they were entering deeper into the forest.

"Jeff, have I told you what happens whenever I get hungry?" Jack asks.

"That you kill the nearest person you could find? Yea, you told me. Oh and if you do get hungry, kill Jane for me, ok?" Jeff smirked at Jane. Jane made a growling noise.

Jack could feel it. He was hungry and the monster inside him will have no choice but to kill. He can't control it. It might kill his friends and leave him lonely... again. Jack isn't going to let that happen.

"Hey! Look!" Jane pointed at something in the distance. It was a wooden cabin. "Maybe we could use that for shelter"

"The come on!" Jeff ran full speed towards the cabin. Jack and Jane couldn't keep up.

"How is he so fast?" Jane asks as they slow down for a walk.

"Adrenaline" Jack simply says.

"Adrenaline? How?"

"Don't know how but, somehow, Jeff's body releases more adrenaline than an average human being, making him more stronger, faster and ... better"

"Oh. How did you know all of this?"

"I studied. A lot. Mostly, about doctor stuff"

"Doctor stuff? That means you're smart!"

"Yeah, I guess so."

They knocked on the cabin's door.

"Jeff open please!" Jack shouted. The door opened.

When they went in, they saw Jeff shirtless. Jeff shook his hair like a dog, splashing water around.

"Ugh. Jeez, get a room" Jane said. Stomping off towards the bathrooms. Jeff stuck his tongue out at her.

Jack felt uncomfortable. He doesn't want to show off his grey skin. They might question him about it. The reason why they were grey is because the cult burned him before stabbing his eyes out. The memory made him cringe.

"Jack, I'm not a doctor or anything but I do know, if you aren't gonna get dry, you might get sick" Jeff said. He sat on the couch, playing with a bloody knife.

Jack shrugged. He has been wet before from rain. He never got sick. Maybe it's because he wasn't human anymore. Then he remembered his hunger.

"Jeff was there anybody in here when you came?" Jack asks. Jeff nodded and pointed to a corpse in a corner. Jack took out his scalpel and began to take the man's kidney and he ate it greedily.

"Jack! What are you doing?" Jane says. Somehow, she found a pink bath robe. She still wore her mask though.

"I'm eating" Jack says.

"Eating? Don't you eat normal-people food?"

"No. They taste disgusting now"

"He kills people for a living remember?" Jeff says "Also, you'll still get sick if you keep your mask and wig on"

"You're wearing a wig?" Jack asked. He immediately regreted it. Jane looked like she was stabbed from behind. "Sorry if it was a personal question"