My Fault

After suffering for, god knows how long, Gerard finally came back to start an even deeper level of torture. I knew the next few hours, if not days would be worse than anything I had ever experienced. “Hello Scott.” He grinned as he spoke and walked up to me, taking my phone off of the table he had set up next to me. “I’m giving Allison the chance to save you. So I’m about to call her. If you say anything I will kill her. It won’t be a quick either. Let me paint you a picture, Allison comes home to find her “boyfriend” lifeless on her floor. Then she will be taken captive and tortured the same way that her naive boyfriend had before her. But, if you stay quiet Scott, I’ll let you both go and you can be happy together. So trust me Scott, I think staying silent is your best option.”

               I growled loudly at him as he spoke. I didn’t care if he threatened me, or killed me, but threating Allison set me over the edge. As soon as I growled he shocked me with 900,000 volts, making it so I couldn’t transform and as you could imagine, the pain was unreal. My body was sore and I was weak, so weak. I hated being weak, I needed to be there for Allison, I needed to save her, but right now I couldn’t. I was too weak to save the love of my life and that was the part that was killing me. That’s what hurt the most. Not the cuts, the shocking, my weakness. “That’s all you’ve got, I murmured to him. A little bit of electricity, some arrows, and a few threats.” I spit blood out onto the floor. “I have to be honest; I thought you were better than that.” I watched as the back blood ran out of his nose. “Still messed up pretty bad aren’t you.” I grinned at him and watched as the anger filled through him.

               Gerard laughed evilly and then walked up to me pulling my hands apart. “Let’s see if this is better.”

               He grabbed my fingers pulling them back and quickly, breaking each and every one of them. My cries filled through the room after each bone broke and he laughed as he broke them. “Or how about this.” He grabbed a rope and wrapped it around my neck, walking behind me. Suddenly, I couldn’t breathe because Gerard was pulling back on the rope as hard as he could. No matter how hard I tried to suck in any air, I couldn’t and after a few seconds he let go. I gasped for air and my eyes closed.

               Gerard dialed Allison’s number and then took another arrow, digging it deep into my chest as it rang. “Remember what I said about talking.” He said looking at me as he dug the arrow deeper. “Allison.” He muttered, “It’s been one hour. Has progress been made?”

               “Not yet. I-“Her voice sent a small sigh of relief out of my mouth. I was so thankful that she was alive. I needed to know that she was still alive and now that I knew, I could calm down slightly. Honestly, there was nothing better than listening to Allison’s voice when I was in pain or angry, or sad. She could keep me happy, keep me sane. All I wanted was to yell out to Allison and tell her how much I loved her, but I would not take that risk. I couldn’t take knowing that I would be the reason Allison died. Honestly, I still could barely breathe and I think talking would be hard at this point.

               “I was hoping you wouldn’t say that.” Gerard shot back to her, interrupting her, “Poor Scott is going to have to be punished for your lack of action…”

               “No please, I-“There it was again, her soothing voice. Even when she was scared, Allison’s voice was soothing to me. It partially scared me because I hate when Allison feels that way, especially when I can’t help her. When I can’t be there to hug her tightly, run my hands through her hair and tell her that everything is going to be okay.

               As Allison spoke, Gerard twisted the arrow and dug it upwards as hard as he could, ripping through most of my skin. I couldn’t hold in the screams, the yells for help. Somehow I was able to scream, maybe because the pain was too real. All I knew was that it hurt and I couldn’t stop screaming. The pain was too harsh, my screams filled the room and I could hear it echoing. I screamed louder than I ever thought I could, groaning in pain. Gerard just laughed as he dug the arrow deeper and deeper into my chest. I was about to black out. I could feel it. “Stop, “I whispered with all of the strength I had left in me. But Gerard just grinned and as everything slowly faded away, I thought of Allison. I just wanted her to be safe, happy. I knew that if I would have just been strong for her, she would be. I knew that all of this was my fault.