The Blame Is On Me

My eyes widened and a tear ran down my cheek as I saw Allison crying and in pain. “Allison!” I yelled and she blacked out. My sight was red and my claws were out.

            An unbelievable amount of rage filled up inside me. I was shaking with anger and I was growling at all four of them. Each and every one of them was disgusting and I was just waiting for one of them to come at me. They dropped Allison and looked at me laughing at each other. “You think you’re little costume scared us kid? Guess what? You came just in time for leftovers.” One of them kicked her towards me and started laughing. That’s when I knew just who I would go after last. He would watch all of them die. He would live last knowing he did this.

            I growled one more time and he came walking towards me laughing with his buddies. “I could whoop your ass up and down this place, kid.” He said swinging. I caught his hand twisting his arm to the side. You could hear the bones in his arm breaking. A grin grew on my face and I threw him to the ground. His friend tried to come up behind me and I turned grabbing his neck, throwing him into the ground. His heart beat stopped and he was dead instantly.

            The other two came at me at once and punched them both, throwing them into the ground. I stepped on one of their throats until he wasn’t breathing anymore. Slowly, I waked towards the third one growling and grinning at him. His face had fear all over it and I laughed as he started to cry. I dug my claws into his chest and watched as he bled out on the ground.

            Finally, it was just me and this asshole. He was still on the ground and got down and started to punch him repeatedly. “What the hell did you think you were doing?!” I yelled after each punch. Hi face was covered in blood. He was choking and coughing up blood. “Touch my fucking girlfriend?” I punched him as hard as I could; I punched him again with the same force. All of my anger was coming out with these punches. ”You’re dead.” One last punch and he actually was.

            I stood up backing away from them slowly. My eyed widened as I went back to human again and realized what I had just done. I didn’t have time to think though, I ran to Allison picking her up and running with her to the nearest alley. Tears ran down my cheek as I looked at her, she wasn’t moving and I was so scared. “Stay with me... please Allison.” I cried. I set her down and took her shirt off. I didn’t want her to have any trace of those bastards on her. Quickly, I took mine off as well, putting it on her. Then, I took my jeans and boxers off. I replaced her underwear with my boxers and put my jeans back on. As quickly as I could, I called the police and they told me that the station was right near us.

            I hung up and I was finally able to breathe. I closed my eyes and their faces appeared in my head. I saw them dead on the ground and I couldn’t handle it. I ran as far as I could before falling over and throwing up. My knees were weak and I could barely breathe. Although I know what they did and what kind of men they were, they could have had families, people who cared about them. What had I just done? I could smell the alcohol on their breath and it triggered even more thoughts. What if they were just drunk? What if I had just killed a police man or a firefighter, what if I had just killed a hero? The thoughts triggered me to throw up one more time. Their voices and faces were haunting me. ‘This is your fault. All of this is your fault.’ I told myself.

            After a while I shook my head. There was no time for this. I could just pick her up and take her to the hospital. I scooped Allison up into my arms and swallowed looking at her. I started to run and I used all of the strength I had not to think about what I had just done and to just think about the one thing that actually mattered. Allison.