Acceptance

"You can do it Brianna!" Jayna, Lucy and I tell her right before her audition. She smiles at us.

"I love all of you so much!" She enters the room and I get more nervous. I'm up next. Wilson is sitting beside me rubbing my back. Justin is on the floor stretching. We are all auditioning for the Australia ballet company there are more BTSA dance students auditioning but none of them that I know. They stare and whisper but their gossip is the last thing on my mind.

"Grace Andrews." Everyone stops and stares as I stand up and walk to the door. I enter the room and three people sitting at a single table. I stand in the middle a couple feet from the desk.

I stand there for a moment. "You have a very nice resume." The youngest of the group who I recognize as Lauren Seymour comments. It gets silent again as they read my resume. I look at the two other people who I know most very well.

Lauren Seymour was winner of So you think you can dance Australia a couple years ago and is a dance instructor as well as performer with the company.

Jessica McLauhlin who is an amazing teacher. She teaches a whole range of genres from tap and jazz, Latin and ballroom. She would be amazing to study under.

Beside her is Shaynie Gillam who is an amazing ballet teacher and has an Royal Academy of Dance certificate which is unreal! I stare at the camera that is behind their table knowing very well that this is being video tapped for review later. They read aloud some of my accomplishments.

"What will you be performing today?" Jessica asks me.

"An original piece." I state and all three looked shocked. Most people would do pieces from their favourite ballet or musical but Miss Kim had me working on my own piece. She said to perfect it and they would have no choice to except me but by the shocked looks on their faces I don't know if that would be the case.

"Alright when your ready." Shaynie nods and I get into my position waiting for the music to start.

<>

I was running late to my morning classes the day after my audition. My dreams last night were horrible. I didn't get in and everyone laughed at me and hated me. My friends left me and it was just horrible. I woke up and looked at my clock seeing it was 9:15 which is really late. I shower quick and then ran to class on my way I got stopped by someone.

"Grace." I turn it used to hearing my real name again. It's Mr Gauche. Doesn't he have classes to teach right now?

"Um yes?" I thought maybe he was going to yell at me for being late.

"Have you ever thought about choreographing?" The question came out of no where.

"What do you mean?"

"I was just thinking of the stunts you put in your solo for the musical." I smile sheepishly at him, "Yes at first I was a little ticked off but they really worked. And since the musical is over and your secret out I thought that maybe  you would like to do choreography in your future."

"I would prefer to get into Australia's ballet company."

"Of course it when you finish that what will you do?" I take a moment to think about this. I have never thought that far ahead.