Nationals

"This is it." I smile at Justin, Miss Kim and Av. We have all worked so hard and its hard to believe that graduation is just around the corner. We should be getting our letters from Australia Ballet company in the mail next week and I keep reminding myself that this win could put me over the top. I know they sent someone to watch me.

Wilson looks at me. "Grace?" He asks. I smile loving him saying my real name. It's taken him almost a month to get used to it.

"Wilson?"

"Just don't let anyone get into your head!" He tells me and I know exactly what he is talking about Tina used to do it all the time, sometimes she even did it to me. She would get inside people's heads and make them doubt themselves. It's a horrible thing to do especially right before they go on stage but Tina used to say that's when it's most effective. I've seen girls forget their dance, injury themselves, I don't know if it was because of what she said or because she just didn't know her routine well but they always end up crying whether they dance flawlessly or horribly.

"I know." I whisper to him. He smiles and then we go sit in the crowd. Not even two dances later we see Sasha walk on stage. She does a number called Dirty Diana. It's good and she looks so at ease with being sexual on stage. When she finishes I can't help but wonder if my number will be enough.

To get myself out of my head I decide to go to BTSA's practice room. I see Lucy practicing her solo and rush over to watch. It's a beautiful ballet number. We all clap when she finishes. Mr Gauche is giving her pointers and I don't really have a lot to say other than wow.

Next up on the practice floor is Jayna. When her music starts I'm shocked to hear it's not music at all it's a voice monologue. Her dance is beautiful talking about how when you die people move on and she gives us a view of what it may be like if the dead could still see us. It's breathtaking and thought inducing.

Brianna Walks out onto the floor and starts her dance it as well is amazing like the two before her. Hers starts out like a ballet but a quarter way  through it looks like she has added some lyrical hip hop. She stops without finishing saying she has it and doesn't want to jinx herself. I complement all of my friends on their spectacular dances and they thank me.

We walk around for a while trying to find something to do. We walk around not really caring about what people think about us as we mess around, just having a good time. When it comes close to Vea's solo we all rush into the audience. When she is announced I scream for her hoping she will do her best and boy was everyone impressed. She danced better than she ever has in her entire life, trust me I would know. Her maturity in that dance was the best I've seen in a fifteen year old.  I was mesmerize throughout her entire dance.

When she walks off stage we go to meet her. 

"You were amazing!" Jayna shouts.

"Thanks it was hard but I did it!"