Chapter 7

Aileen's POV

After I got out the shower, I sat on Ray's lap and just started crying. I didn't want him getting hurt, it scared me in all honestly.

I guess I fell asleep, because when I woke up I was laying on the side of the bed I always sleep on.

I got out the bed to see I was fully clothed and decided to get something to eat, I was starving. I tip-toed downstairs and turned on the light while walking through the downstairs level of the house and walked into the kitchen, turning on the light, I opened the fridge. There was a couple slices of pizza in there, so I warmed it up and sat at the table and ate.

"Ahhh!" I screamed and jumped seeing Ray standing there with a umbrella. "Ray, what are you doing?"

"I heard a noise.." he said, putting the umbrella in the corner and walking to me. I was done eating by now and just put my plate in the sink. "Are you okay now?"

"I don't know... I'd be forever unhappy if you got hurt because of me... I really would. I was scared when he hit me, but terrified when he said he was gonna do something to you.."

"he's not gonna hurt me babe."

"You don't know that.."

"Well, if he does... I don't care, long as you're alright." he said, sitting down and pulling me on his lap.

"Ray, I thought you said you weren't the type to show feelings?"

"I'm not."

"But you s-"

"All I said was that if you're okay I'm okay. What does that have to deal wai-"

"it has everything to deal with it. If you'r giving me mi-"

"I'm not giving you mixed signals. I'm dating you, aren't I?"

"Yes b-"

"But nothing. I'm here. That's all that should matter. Do you think I care about you?"

"I hope so because I care about you.." I said, looking around.

"Alright then."

"What is that su-"

"That means I'm not just here for no reason."

"Can you please st-"

"No. I know exactly what you're gonna say. You can't hide shit from me."

"Ray, c'mon." I said, standing up making him stand up with me.

"Where we going?"

"To mars." I said, being smart.

"Alright with the smart shit, Aileen." he said as I sat him on the couch.

"Remember when you asked for my number?" I asked, he simply nodded. "Alright, what were you gonna do when you got it? Just look at it? You never thought abo-"

"What does this have to do with anything?"

"Everything now answer the damn question." I said, looking directly as him.

"I don't know Aileen. If you woulda said no, you had a man, I woula respected that. But at the same time, we both know that I treated you better than him in those few split seconds than he did the entire years yall dated. I got a question..."

"Okay.."

"Would you be here right now if the nigga wasn't beating you?"

"Eventually I would ha-"

"No, just answer the question."

"I hope so. But that's neither her-"

"Yes it is."