Chapter 13

Aileen's POV

*Next Day*

Waking up with the sun blaring through the window of the hospital room, I saw Ray sitting in a chair, watching t.v. He hadn't noticed I was up yet.

"Ray.." I whispered and he turned around and smiled.

"Hey, how you feeling?" he asked as he walked over to me.

"Got a little headache, and my wrist hurts.."

"Yeah, doctor said you sprained it in the accident.."

"What hit us?" I asked, looking at him funny.

"A 18-wheeler..." he said. My eyes went into shock.

A 18-wheeler hit my family and killed them instantly but here I am, pregnant with twins and some how I'm alive.

"I should have died..." I whispered.

"Don't say that.." he said sitting down in a chair beside the hospital bed.

"Ray, my whole family was killed by a 18-wheeler, the truck hit on my side, it should have killed me... I should be dead." I said as I started to cry. It wasn't a sad cry, it was a happy cry in amazement. "Do you understand how blessed I am? Here I am, thinking God was done with me, this whole time.. he was just waiting for the right time.."

"You're right, you're blessed and you should know it.."

"I'm blessed to have you.. And our twins.."

"Doctor told me this morning they were two girls.." Ray said smiling. "They're gonna be so spoiled, man."

"Yeah, they have a amazing dad.." I said smiling up at him. He smiled back at me and took my hand.

"You ready to go home?"

"Yeah.." I said smiling.

After checking out the hospital, Ray and I went home and he wouldn't let me do a damn thing.

"Ray, why are you treating me like this..?" I asked chuckling. "I only have a sprained wrist."

"The doctor said you needed to be on bed rest for a couple days."

"Oh.." I said sighing. "You going to work tomorrow?"

"No, why?"

"Just asking.. Ray, I can't just sit here all day."

"You don't have to sit down all day, just don't walk around too much." he said smiling. Then there was a knock at the door and he jogged over there to answer it, pulling up his pants in the process. "Oh, Wassup?" He said, letting his friends in. A couple of them had their girlfriends with them, one of them was pregnant. They all had either a teddy bear, flowers, or balloons with them, or all 3.

"Heyyy." I said happily. "Those for me?"

"Yeah." Craig said, handing me teddy bear with balloons. "Happy you're all better. Ray was stressin' mad hard." he said sighing. "Oh, this is my girlfriend Kira."

"Hey Kira." I said smiling.

"Hey." she said waving and smiling. "How many months are you?"

"a little over 5."

"You're kinda bi-"

"they're twins." I said chuckling. "I didn't find out til yesterday."

"Well congratulations."

"Thank you." I said smiling.

"Sup Lenny." Daniel said, handing me some flowers.

"Hey Dan." I said laughing.