Chapter 3

Ray's POV:

It was now about 5 in the afternoon and still no sign of Aileen. I called her once, but no answer. I mean, maybe she was the type of person to think of how everything's gonna play a series of events in her head before they happened and didn't want to hear what I had to say. Maybe it was like a sign I shouldn't have told her. So I let that part just leave my mind for a minute.

There was a knock at the door at about 5:10. I got up excitedly, thinking it was the Chinese food I ordered 20 minutes before.

When I opened the door, I saw Aileen standing there, just as she was this morning. "Oh, hey." I said, letting her in.

"Hi.." she replied and sat on the couch, Indian style. "So what did you want to tell me this morning?" she asked. I just shook my head.

"Forgot." I said, getting up and getting ready to walk to my room, but she pulled me back.

"You're a bad liar." she said, slightly smirking.

"I don't think now is the time or place, Aileen." I said, sighing. "I should tell you now that I'm not the type to show my feelings, alright."

"Oh." she said, releasing my hand from her grip. "Um, sure... okay." she said, getting up and jogging upstairs, then back down in a matter of seconds with her duffle bag.

"Where you going?"

"Home.."

"Home as in..?"

"Home as in home. I'll leave you alone."

"You're not bothering me, Aileen."

"But Ray you just sa-"

"That I'm not the type to show my feelings, not that you bothering or annoying me. Sit your ass down." I said, pointing to the couch.

"Y' know Ray, you're flippy floppy as shit."

"No I'm not, Aileen. The hell you talking about?" I asked, walking towards her at the door.

"You know what I'm talking about. I'll stay with your sister tonight. Bye." she said, opening the door but I closed it back. "Ray, move please." she said as he voice became uneasy.

"Are you about to cry?"

"Who said anything bout cryin'?" she asked, turning around and wiping her face.

"You're crying." I said, turning her back around.

"You're doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"Getting close to me."

"And?"

"I was really hoping I wouldn't catch feelings." she said a little under a whisper to where I almost didn't hear what she said.

"What?"

"If you said what, you can hear me nigga." she snapped back causing me to laugh a little. I just shook my head and move the hair from out of her face. "You know what I said.."

"Yeah, I did."

"And?"

"And what?"

"Y' know what, I'm just gonna go to bed."

"It's like 5.."

"And?" she said, curling up on the couch in the blanket that was still there from last night. I sighed and sat beside her. "I'm not gonna act like last night didn't happen, Ray."

"I had a feeling you weren't." I said, messing with my dreads. "For now, we need to be just friends.. Because you're just now getting out of a relationship and that's why other relationships fail."