Chapter 27

Aileen's POV

I honestly think there was something special about Ray. From the moment he took me in, there was something about him and his lacking of showing feelings wasn't gonna do anything but draw me closer.

It was a breezy Tuesday as I sat in my office, making phonecalls as I always did, making sure designers had what they wanted in the magazine, designing things even. Trying on this internship to see if any kids in highschool needed community service or anything, life was good.

"Hey Jacinda." I smiled, walking into her office. She smiled right back at me as I got closer to her desk.

"Hey girl,, Wassup?"

"You got those photoshoots set up ma?" I asked, taking a seat on the top of her desk. She giggled before flipping through her planner.

"Yeah, I got em." she smiled. "Hey, what you doing after work?"

"Ahh, I gotta go grocery shopping again, swear those kids drink juice like it's going out of style." I lightly chuckled as I examined her desk.

"Awe, they're adorable, how's little Kadin doing?"

"She's doing fine. All the juice she drinks helps." I giggled. "Your family doing alright?"

"Yeah." she smiled. "Getting through things one step of a time."

"So your parents aren't gonna through with the divorce?" I asked happily. She nodded her head. "Well that's good!" I said hugging her. "Hey, wanna come over for dinner after work? You can even help me cook!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, sure!" she smiled that bright smile of hers. "I'd love to be over, what time?"

"Um, 5:30 sounds good, you remember where I live right?"

"How could I forget that big ass house Ray got for you and the girls." she lightly chuckled.

"Alright now." I smiled. "I'll see you then." I said before waving and leaving her office and going back into mine.

As 4:30 rolled around and I was leaving the grocery store, I had a strange feeling I got. I used to get them all the time when something good or bad was supposed to happen, I didn't know which, so it was a bittersweet type of thing. I shook it off and continued driving down Heauks Retreat, making a sharp turn after stopping at the stop sign and pulling into the driveway.

Getting out, I grabbed the groceries and walked up the steps to the door, unlocking it and walking in. I was about to say "I'M HOME!" but didn't as soon as I saw the sight of the girls fast asleep on Ray's chest with various toys laying around the living room, 5 juice boxes sat on the coffee table along with  packs of fruit smile. It was such a heartwarming scene.

Trying silently to open the door, I failed, waking up Ray.

"Hey, you're home." he said, lightly taking Kadin and Jordan off his chest and laying them on the couch. He stood up and came to me, pecking my lips in the process before speaking. "What's the bags for?"

"Dinner." I smiled. "We're having Jacinda over tonight." I said, placing the bags on the table. "That alright?" I asked, not looking into his direction.

"Baby.. sit down, alright." He said, pulling me to the couch.

"Ray, I gotta get dinner started." I lightly chuckled and went to stand up.

"Baby, no, really.. I gotta talk to you." he said, and you could see the color of his eyes to change from a hazel to a deep and dark brown.

"Ray, what's wrong?" I asked, looking directly into his eyes. "Are you okay?"