Chapter 5

Alieen's POV:

*One month later*

Things seemed to be going smoothly as I stayed with Ray. The awkwardness kinda left as we just acted like we were friends, who occasionally had sex from time to time. Though it seemed to be just a fling, I left different about the situation. Him knowing I liked him, and Me knowing he liked me seemed to be the icing on the cake for out fre-lation-ship. I wouldn't call it a friendship, and I wouldn't call it a relationship.

"I need to go somewhere..." I said, emerging from his bed and he just laid there.

"Where?"

"To get some more clothes..." I said, hesitantly putting on some clothes.

"Where they at?"

"Justin's house.."

"I'm coming with you." he said, pulling off the sheets and walking over to his draw and grabbing some boxers. "I wanna meet this nigga."

"Why?" I asked, turning to him once I was fully clothed.

"So I can see the fuck nigga that's been beating you, that's why."

"What if he thinks we're dating?"

"Then let him, I don't give a damn." he said, slipping on his Nike slides and walking over to me. "You don't deserve to be hit like that, Leen." he said, kissing my nose. "hit at  all for that manner" I just smiled to myself as he took my hand and we walked downstairs. He grabbed his keys and I grabbed mine to get into his apartment with and my car keys because my car was still over there.

After driving for about 10 minutes, we pulled up to the apartment complex and got out.

"Which number is it?" he asked, looking at the many apartments.

"40AB" I responded, dragging him behind me up a series of stairs. I got nervous as I got closer. Knowing he wasn't home, I didn't even bother to knock. Simply taking my keys as Ray was behind me, I unlocked the door and walked in. It was just how I seen it the last time I was here about a week ago. It was clean, but it held a lot of bad memories.

"Go ahead." he said, with his hands around my waist from behind and pushing me through the apartment I went to the room I had been raped in multiple times to see all my stuff in trash bags. Well, 2 trash bags. "He here?"

"Probably out fuckin' some bitch." I said, grabbing a trash bag and Ray did the same. The bags were really big, so all my clothes fit. Eagerly walking out and down the many stairs, I went to my car. 2013 Charcoal  Mustang.

"This is your car?"

"Yep!" I said happily. "Got it for my 21st birthday after I got out of college." I said, opening up the truck. "Go ahead and head home, I'm right behind you." I said, opening the car door and getting in, turning the car on and hearing the engine roar gave me a rush. I was finally leaving my old life behind.

As I saw Ray drive away, I followed him back to his house and took the bags out and for a couple hours, started putting them away.

"So, you're not going back to him?" Ray asked as he helped me.

"Not in this life time. Why would I? The person I wanna be with is right here." I said, walking over to him.

"You sure? Like you're positive? Like absolutely?" he asked as he pulled me onto his lap.

"RAY, YES!" I said, grabbing his face as he chuckled lightly.

"Alright.. I gotchu."

"Why? Whatcha thinkin'?"