Chapter 16

~Next Day~

We were dropping off Kadin at my sister's house so we could take Jordan to the Police Station, office, whatever you wanna call it. I don't care.

"Why ain't you takin' Kay Kay?" Niko had asked us. He was Kayla's fiancé, boyfriend, I don't know, they were on and off. But he was cool as hell so I didn't care. Ethan and Emma were there with their kids too.

"So am I just the babysitter?" my sister joked, "It's alright, but yeah, why you only taking Danny?" she asked. I was getting real mad all over again.

"It's only happening to Danny.." Aileen said as I could feel her getting mad and sad and blaming it on herself all over again. "I'm gonna get in the car, c'mon munch." she said, picking up Jordan and taking her to the car.

"Ray, what's only happening to Jordan?" Kayla asked. I sat down on the chair that was somewhat in the corner of the room.

"You know what Aileen's ex look like, right, Kayla?"

"Yeah... done took her away from that nigga too many times, why?"

"Because.. I need to find his ass."

"What he do?" Ethan asked, sitting forward.

"Danny said someone touched her.. And I know it's him, so when I find him, imma kill him."

"WOAH. Wait a minute." Niko said, standing up. "Touching her... like as in..?"

"Yeah." I said bluntly. "The other day they were both sick so we took em to the doctor, okay, long story short, when they woke up from their nap, Kay Kay came and sat in my lap but Jordan said she didn't want to and she was jumpin' when Aileen touched her, so I asked her and she said yeah and if she told anyone he was gonna hurt me and Aileen.." I said, standing up. "I'm mad as hell and I wanna kill him. My own daughter thought I was gonna do that shit to her, so she wouldn't sit with me."

"Aye, I'm comin' with you when you do." Ethan admitted.

"Same here, just let us know."

"Aight." I sighed. Kadin came down the stairs with a teddy bear in her hand and saw me.

"Daddy you leaving me?"

"I'll be back late, Kay."

"NO!" she said and jumped into my arms.

"She a daddy's girl?" Emma asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "Aye, Kay, you gotta let go, mama."

"You pwomise you come back?"

"Pinky promise." I said, holding out my pinky and taking it into hers. She start smiling and let me go, still sitting in my lap.

"McDonald's daddy..?"

"I dunno baby girl.. The doctor sa-"

"Pwease daddy!" she whined. I sighed and gave it. I was terrible at being the 'tough parent'

"I'll see what your mama say. I gotta go, be good for your aunt and uncle, alright?"

"Otay." she said and went to sit in Niko's lap. "Love you daddy."

"Love you too, baby girl"

I went into the car to see Aileen sitting there, no emotion on her face and Danny in the back. Opening the car door, I startled Aileen, who jumped.

"Oh, danny, ask your daddy now."

"Daddy can I listen to music?"

"Yeah." I said, handing her the headphones and putting on some Chris Brown because she seemed to like listening to him.