Chapter 50

I woke up later that day, sore as I don't know what.

I fixed the position I was in while still laying down and turned over. I didn't see Ray, but I did hear him. Him and the twins.

I got out the bed, looking at myself in the mirror and giggled a little, fixing my messy curls then my shirt.

I walked in the twins room and saw the twins climbing on him like he was a tree, he might as well been to them.

"Hey mommy." Kadin cheesed and then fell off Ray's leg and then giggled.

"Hey." I smiled and fixed my cardigan. "Did your daddy feed you?"

"Of course I fed my angels." he chuckled and picked them up. He walked over to me and kissed me, "thanks for feeding me." I was kinda blushy when he said that, "hey girls, why don't you get ready for your bath." he put them down and let them walk into the bathroom, "be careful!"

"You feed Sophie?" I asked was we walked back to our bedroom, "how long she been sleep?" I asked, looking into her crib.

"About 30 minutes." he wrapped his arms around me, "you been knocked for about 4."

"I'd imagine so." I giggled and tucked some hair behind my ear and then turned around and looked at him, "I had a dream."

"What about?" he asked, raising his eyebrow, "Interest me."

"My folks."

"Okay." he said, wanting me to continue. "And what happened in this dream?"

"I don't really know.. It was like, it was me, but I wasn't in the dream, I was looking at the dream like I was a bystander or something." I shook my head a little, "I dunno... I guess I'm just missing them, ya know.. With us getting married and having Sophie. I just wonder how everything would be if they were alive." I turned my head a little so he couldn't see my tears, but Ray knew me far too well.

"Hey.." he turned my head, "don't cry, baby." he wiped my tear with his thumb.

"I'm sorry." I finished wiping them.

"Don't you dare be sorry." he responded, "Remember when I'd get stressed at work and you'd just tell me I'd get through it? Or something went wrong with the designs or we didn't make a cut or something?" he questioned. I nodded my head, "and you'd tell me it'd be okay? and everything happened for a reason?" he questioned again. I nodded my head again with a little smile, "You should take your own advice, sweetheart." he kissed my forehead and pulled away, "I'm gonna go bathe the girls, you should get something to eat. I ordered Chinese."

"I'm pretty hungry." I giggled and wiped my eyes. he went to walk away, but I pulled him back and kissed me. I put both of my hands on each side of his face and deepened the kiss. I felt his hands on my lower back and as we backed up a little, we almost tripped, which made us laugh. "Thank you." I kissed him again.

"No. Thank you." he kissed me once more and then pulled away and walked down the hallway into the bathroom where the girls were.

I walked into our bedroom and grabbed a baby monitor and then walked downstairs into the kitchen and got the leftover Chinese that was still sitting on the counter and warmed it up.

I sat at the table and at, occasionally hearing the twins splashing water faintly upstairs and Ray laughing with them. I could hear Sophie cooing in her sleep, which made me smile.

I got full pretty fast and put my plate in the dishwasher, and loaded the rest of the dirty dishes in there and turned it on and then grabbed my phone from the table and walked back upstairs.