Chapter 11

Aileen's POV

"So, you're pregnant?" Daniel asked me.

"Yeah.." I said, getting up and getting some grapes and yogurt.

"It's like 11 in the morning, why are you eating grapes and yogurt?"

"Because I'm pregnant and I cant have lots of deli meat or eggs, or meat in general. Basically I'm on a fruit and veggie diet for 9 months." I said, sitting back into the couch.

"Damn, Thanksgiving must have been terrible."

"Haha, nah, it was cool. I ate some chicken spaghetti... Okay, I got a question."

"Alright, go." Craig said, sitting up.

"Has Ray ever been a player?"

"Has RAY ever been a PLAYER?.... that's like asking God if he went to church." Craig said laughing. "Yeah, dude was a major player."

"So I'm just one of many, huh.." I said, popping a grape into my mouth.

"Nah... I wouldn't say that."

"Well, what'd you call it? what's his longest relationship?"

"Ray doesn't really get into relationships... he's just kinda... friends and fuckin', ya know?"

"I see." I said, drinking some water. "Well, how old was he when he was in a real relationship?"

"I think the last girl he introduced us to was when he was like 20.."

"Ah."

"You know, call me crazy, but he hasn't told any girl he loved her, unless it was a friend he was fuckin'..."

"I've been hearing he doesn't do a lot of things.." I said, getting up. "Doesn't bring girls to meet his parents, doesn't get into relationships, does tell girls he loves them. How am I supposed to feel? I mean.." I said, shaking my head and eating some yogurt. "I don't know.."

"Aileen, you alright?" Chres asked, looking weirdly as me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Yall can watch t.v., I think Fantasy Factory is on." I said, looking in the fridge.

About 10 minutes later, Ray came through the door with a BurgerKing bag. "here's your smoothie, babe." he said, handing me the cup.

"Thanks..." I said, taking it and walking upstairs. I thought a lot... I asked a lot of questions, but I mean, I shouldn't have to. After a minute or two I walked back downstairs and sat on the couch Ray was on and put the covers on me.

"You cold?"

"As shit."

"Well go put on some clothes!" he chuckled.

"I have on clothes, dickhead." I said, getting up and walking upstairs to put on some sweats and a sweatshirt.

"You alright?"

"No."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"Alright then."

And for the few hours his friends were there, I sat in silence, occasionally checking the time or playing a game, other than that, I was silent. And even after they left, I was still quite.

"Wassup with you? You been quite for hours." Ray asked, following me into the kitchen.

"Nothing."

"I know you better than that."

"Oh."

"Aileen, what the hell is wrong with you? Can you talk to me please?"

"Nah, I'm good."