Chapter 12

*One Month Later*

Ray's POV

I guess you could say I was getting attached to Aileen and the baby. She was showing more and she was at a little over 5 months. We had gone baby shopping the other day and started setting up the spare room upstairs for the baby. Starting with decided if her name would be Kadin Jordan or Jordan Kadin.

"Which one you think should go first?" she asked as we were about to hand up the letters around the light purple, white, and pink room. The crib was a cream color with little flowers around it.

"I like Jordan Kadin..." I admitted.

"Alright" she said smiling and going to hang up the J.

"I got it baby." I said, simply putting it on the wall. Didn't really have to hang it with the sticky things being on the back of the block purple letters.

"Thank you." she said giggling and kissing me. "You're being a good dad."

"If my mama aint' teach me nothin', she taught me when to man up." I admitted as we began walking downstairs.

"Happy she did." She said, somewhat plopping on the couch. "One of my friends from highschool called me this morning."

"Really? What'd they say?"

"Ya know, they wanted to see how I was doing and she had moved back in town."

"You letting her come over?"

"Is it alright that I did?"

"Yeah baby, you fine."

"Thanks."

"Why you askin' for permission like you don't live here too?"

"Because it's not MY house."

"Yes it is."

"Huh?"

"Long as you here, it's your house." I said, kissing her forehead and walking into the kitchen.

"I wasn't gonna try and ask you and push you into it." she said, standing up.

"You ain't have to. It's not like it woulda been a life or death situation." I said and looked over to her. She just smiled and placed her hands on her stomach.

"You were kicking me all lastnight, ma'am." she said, taking to her stomach.

"And you were kicking me all lastnight, ma'am." I said, tapping her forehead.

"I couldn't help it, I'm sorry."

"You straight." I said sitting beside her. "When ya friend coming?"

"In about a hour. Wanna meet her?"

"Su-"

"Wait, nevermind. She's too pretty."

"What?"

"She's too pretty for you to meet."

"What you mean by that?"

"She's attractive? She's cute? What other way am I gonna say it?"

"Why you worried bout her meetin' me if she's cute?"

"Because I just am." she said, standing up. I could tells he was insecure and it really bothered me. I wouldn't understand how someone as beautiful as her could be insecure. I blame her last nigga for not treating her right.

"Babe.. You don't have anything to worry about." I said, walking to her and lifting her head up.

"What if you think she's prettier than me?"