Chapter 42

At this point in my pregnancy, I was at what you'd call the "cravings" stage. Also the "moody" stage and the "crying at random moments cause my favorite tv show isn't on" stage. Not to mention the "swollen ankles" and "I hate my body" stage. This part I hated, cause it was harder on me, my kids, and whatever you'd call whatever Ray was being to me at my life at this point.

I don't know what you'd call us, but we're more than friends... I hope.

___

I was sitting on the couch and Kayla's and Niko's. Along with the twins, Nicki, and Ray. Ray and I were.. Well, I had no idea what we were. All I know is, that we were happy. At the moment.

"You want anything else?" Ray asked before he stood up.

"No." I looked down at my plate of nothing but hot wings. They had became my favorite snack with this pregnancy. "I think I'm good." I giggled, "thank you."

He nodded his head and then I watched him walked through the living room and into the kitchen. "So." I heard someone speak to me, which made me turn around, "how are you?" Jessica asked. She was one of Kayla's friends and I had met her a couple of times before, but I wouldn't say we were friends, we just knew each other. "How you feeling?"

"Very pregnant." I laughed and licked my fingers. Manners were long gone. "I'm actually okay, ya know. Since it's just one baby, it's not that bad as my first pregnancy. I've just had the ongoing craving for hot wings." I chuckled right when Ray had walked in with two bottoms of water and a plate with some rotel dip and Frito's.

"Got you a water." Ray said, handing it to me.

"Open it for me please." I said, wiping my fingers on a wetnap and then again on a paper towel. "Thank you."

"Yeah." he said, handing the opened bottle of water to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" I said, sitting up all the way, "something bothering you?"

"Jacinda." is all he said. I frowned a tad and looked at him a little longer.

"Go.."

"No. I don't wanna leave you. And it's probably some bs, anyway."

"It's okay, I'm fine, swear. Go." I gave him a faint smile.

"You sure?" he asked. I nodded my head before standing up. "I'll walk you to your car."

He nodded his head before waving bye to everyone and walking out the front door with me trying to keep up with him, until he realized he was walking much too fast for my legs' liking and slowed down and turned to me right when I got to his car. "I'm sorry for all this. Damn, it makes me so mad." he leaned against his car.

I turned his arm, and saw his body soften as he looked at me. I gave him a small smile, which he returned.

We stood there awkwardly for a few seconds until he stood up straight, "so you gon' give me a hug or?" he chuckled and waited for me to walk into his arms. We stood there hugging for a few more seconds until I spoke, still hugging him.

"My stomach is poking you." I giggled.

"You better not stop hugging me."

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna stay like this forever."

"It'd be pretty difficult to have the baby in this position." I said, resulting in a few laughs as we pulled apart.I fixed my cardigan and tucked some of my hair behind my ear and looked up at him. "Jacinda, right?" I question.

"Yeah.." he blew out some hot air and looked around a little. I felt him pulled at my waist, pulling me closer and making me look at him. "I love you."

I looked at him for a little bit longer, "I love you too."

"You don't hate me anymore?" he chuckled and let his hands drop back to my waist.

"I could never hate someone I fell in love with."

"Move back in with me." he said, gripping a little tighter on my waist. I bit my inner bottom lip and and looked at the ground, then back at him.

"I'm not ready."

"Why?"

"Cause, right now. I just want things to fall into place. I don't wanna rush anything.."

He nodded his head, "Understandable."

I blew out some hot air, "Forgetting about Jacinda?"

"I wish I could." he groaned, which made me giggle. "I'll be back later, don't go anywhere."

"Where am I gonna go? I couldn't even hitch hike to the mailbox without getting out of breath." I giggled.

All of a sudden, I felt his lips on mine. It had been so long since I had kissed him like. Kissed him period. It felt like the night we had first had sex. All spontaneous, no thought.

We pulled away and just looked at each other, he smirked, and went to get in his car, but I pulled him back and kissed him again. Tongues colliding with each other and dancing around as our lips were in perfect sync.

It was.... utterly beautiful.

I pulled away with a slight smile on my face and pressed my forehead against his. He planted a kiss on my forehead and let go and got into his car and left without another word. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.