Chapter 30

It had been 2 weeks since I had really talked to Ray. I mean, we talked but no about the things we need to talk about. We talked about the girls, basically. That's the only thing I wanted to speak on. I let the girls stay with him for a couple days, then back with me.

On this particular Saturday, Ray asked me to drop off the girls at his sister's house because he wanted to grab lunch at Broma's. I accepted, getting the girls ready and dropping them off.

"How you holdin' up?" Kayla asked once the girls were playing in the back with Nicole.

"Okay I guess.." I sighed, looking towards the ground.

"You miss him sweetie, I know you do." she said, touching my shoulder. "You look cute, though." she said with a sly smiled.

"Yeah, I miss him a lot... The girls miss him too." I deeply sighed as I shifted all my weight to one of my legs. "And thank you." I said, shyly smiling at her. "I gotta go, thanks for keeping the girls." I said, giving her a hug.

"You're welcome love." she smiled as I got into my car and drove off.

I was at Broma's Deli within 10 minutes. I stood at the door, nervous as hell, just looking through the window. I saw Ray, sitting there drinking something. He cut his dreads I could see because his back was turned. He was in a button-up long sleeve, black, white, and red plaid shirt, a pair of jeans, and a pair of black Vans. I took another deep breath, opening the door and causing the little bells to make that noise they did, making Ray turn around and see me, instantly smiling. I gave him a small smile as I walked over to the table he was at. He stood up, giving me a hug as he kissed my cheek. I hugged him back, pulling away for a few seconds and then sitting down.

"So, how you doing?" he asked, taking a sip of what I see now was Coke.

"Fine, I guess.. You order yet?"

"Nah, I was waiting for you, all I got was a coke, what you want?"

"Just get me a lemonade." I said, he nodded his head, getting up to go to where the drinks for. I sighed deeply. He looked tf good without his dreads. Man, it made me mad. I did something different with my hair too. It was in it's naturally curly stated and I got some light auburn red highlights that showed up really well. Within seconds, Ray was walked back towards the table with me drink, and sitting it in front of me. 

"Here you go."

"Thanks.." I said, getting a straw and taking a sip.

"Aileen.." he said, a little under his breath. I looked up from my drink and looked at his eyes.

"Yes?"

"Come home.. I miss you.. I miss the girls." he asked. You could see the amount of hurt in his eyes and hear It in his voice.

"I don't know.."

"So you don't miss me at all?" he asked. hurt once again.

"I do miss you.. I miss you a lot. " I said, as a small smile crept on my face. "The girls miss you... Kadin especially."

"Then come home." he said, reaching across the table and grabbing my hand. "Please.."

"If only it was that easy.." I sighed.

"Baby.." he said, giving me goosebumps as he rubbed his thumb against my finger. "I miss you more than anything.."

"I miss you too.."

"Then bring your ass home." he said, making me giggled. "I'm serious."

"I know, just made me laugh.." I sighed. "I'll think about it.."

"No. I need a answer Aileen.." he demanded. in all honesty, it was a attractive demand and by looking at his face, he looked good. "Come home with me.."

"What? Now?"

"Yes, I right. I gotta show you something." he said, putting some money on the table and dragging my hand out. "Follow me home." he whispered in my ear and let my hand go. I sighed, getting my car keys and getting in my car.

I arrived at the house within 5 minutes, right behind Ray. It felt kinda odd being there after 2 weeks of not being there. I walked inside after him and the smell of the house still hadn't changed.

"What'd you have to show me?" I said, walking through the living room.

"Nothing." he slyly smirked.

"So I drove over here for nothing? Okay." I scoffed and sat on the couch.

"No, you drove over here for something, but nothing at the same time."

"What?" I said confused. He pulled me to my feet and brought y body close to his with his hand on my waist. "Ray.." I said under my breath. He cupped my face, bringing it closer to him and kissed me. I swear I felt sparks going through my body as y hands grazed down his side. At that moment, my body wanted it. It was screaming his name, I didn't wanna give it, though. I was so weak when it came to him.

"So you comin' home?" he asked after pulling away. I bit at a corner of my bottom lip and nodded my head. A smile crept onto his face as he brought his lips to mine and kissed me again.

____

"DADDDY!" Kadin shrieked as she ran and jumped in Ray's arms as he bent to her level. "I MISSED YOU!"

"I missed you too, babygirl." he said, places series of kisses on her forehead and cheek.

"YOU NO MISS ME DADDY!?" Danny shouted.

"Of course I missed you!" he said, picking her up too. "I missed both of you." he said, kissing Danny's cheek.

The sight of them doing this made my heart melt. I felt Kayla's arm around my shoulder and rub it as she looked at me. "I'm happy you gave him a second chance.. He loves you to death.. And he loves those girls." she said as we both looked at the girls as they told Ray what they did in the time they hadn't seen each other.

"Come on you guys." I said, going over and taking the twins hands.

"No mommy I want daddy to come!" she shrieked as she ran back to rang.

"Daddy is coming sweetie, come on, we're going home."

"YAY!" she shrieked and jumped up and down before Ray picked her up and I picked up Danny and we headed home. I had already checked out the hotel and my stuff was already in the car.

____

It was about 8 at night when I walked back into the room and sat on the bed beside Ray. I watched him look up from his iPad and smile at me.

"I see the girls in the magazine." he chuckled.

"I didn't even remember to look at them. Let me see." I said, crawling to the top of the bed and looking at his iPad. "They're the cutest things."

"Lookin' like their mom." he smiled. "Don't even take them from me again, Aileen... Please.." he said, looking into my eyes.

"Don't ever cheat on me again, Ray... Please.." I said, looking back into his eyes.

"Pinky promise." he said, holding up his pinky finger.

"Don't make the promise if you can't keep it, Ray.." I said, shaking my head. He grabbed my face, kissing me for a second, then pulling away.

"I promise, Aileen.. It was stupid of me to cheat on you.. and I'm sorry.." he said, lifting up his pinky finger again. "I'll never do it again, I promise." he said, taking my pinky into his.  "I love you.."

"I love you too." I sighed. "Don't make me regret it.." I said, pecking his lips then curling up under him.

"Goodnight." he said, rubbing my back.

"Goodnight." I responded as I drifted off to sleep.