Chapter 15

Ray's POV

As Kadin and Aileen left, I glanced over at Jordan who was fast a sleep in the corner in bean bag chair. I scooped her up in my arms, causing her to adjust herself on my chest and cling to my shirt. She was the less emotional one, while Kadin on the other hand would cry if you didn't give her juice.

About 15 minutes later, Aileen came back with her Kadin in her arms, grasping onto her tightly.

"When will the results be in?" she asked the doctor.

"About 2 days, until then, just have her drink lots of water and lay a heating pad over her area.. Don't let her go to sleep with it, though. Let her use the bathroom often and if it comes back positive, then we'll proscribe her some antibiotics."

"Thank you." Aileen said, grabbing her purse with Kadin still gripping onto her.

____

"Daddy I want juice." Kay Kay said when we were home for a while.

"Can't.. Doctor said water." I said, handing her her sippy cup.

"Juice?"

"Nope, it's water" I said, sitting on the couch beside her. Jordan was fast asleep in our room but Kay Kay couldn't fall asleep for some reason.

"Pick me up, daddy?" she said, looking me in my eyes. I patted my lap so she could hop in and fit perfectly while laying her head on my chest.

"Drink your water.."

"Otay." she said, bringing the sippy cup to her mouth and taking a few gulps, she made a weird face, that made me laugh. "Nasty."

"It doesn't have a taste, ma." I said laughing.

"Juice daddy...?" she said, looking up at me. She had these big green eyes you couldn't say no to, which made it really hard.

"You can get her some cranberry juice, Ray." Aileen said, walking downstairs.

"You want that?" I asked Kay Kay and she nodded her head. I went to get up, putting her on the couch, but she wouldn't let go.

"Take me with you." she said in her little baby voice still. She was tiny for a 2 and a half year old, probably because she was a month and a half premature, even though Jordan was bigger, she was still smaller than the average size of a twin. I picked her up and she held on tightly to me as I fixed her some cranberry juice and sat back down on the couch and she got back in the position she was currently in.

"Better?" I asked her, noticing she didn't make a weird face when she drank it. She nodded her head and kept drinking it. "Slow down Kay.." I said, laughing and taking the cup away from her.

"Daddy..." she whined.

"You gon' slow down?" I asked and she nodded her head. I gave her a small smile and handed it back to her and watched as she took small gulps every now and then. After watching a few episodes of Dora, because she wouldn't let me change the channel, she was knocked out.

"Want me to take her?" Aileen asked in a whisper.

"Nah, I got her.." I whispered while standing up and quietly walking upstairs to our room and placing her in the bed beside Jordan. I noticed she slept with her hand between her legs, and Jordan never really did that.

I walked back downstairs to see Aileen laying down where I was sitting. I lifted her head up, sat down, and let her lay her head on my lap as I played with her hair.

"You see how Danny sleeps..?" I asked her. She turned her head and looked at me.

"You noticed that too?"