Chapter 3

§
Chapter 3
Bite my slice
§

The pizzeria was one of the hot spots for people after class, mainly because their food actually tasted good and wasnt over priced like everything else in d.c.  They had a 60's retro theme the waitress rode around on skates and the guys all had slicked back hair.

"Took you forever to get here!" Amara, my afro latina friend says. Amara was one of the people i come to love strongly she was true to her roots and strong minded just like i was. She was a dark skin girl with curves that could seduce any guy she had her bright green eyes set on.

"It took 2 minutes to cross the street Amara" i giggle hugging her before i sit down at the bar stool next to her. Even though we were room mates, due to our wild schedules and extra activities we only seen eachother on friday so we met up to do our favorite thing; eat.

"So fill me in amiga on whats been going on this week, my week has been completely uneventful" she complains with a dull sigh and i grin at her dramatics. Telling her about how uneventful my week been until tuesday when i got kicked out of class and how i beat erik in our gym competition.

"Ay dios mio! Your teacher is such a pendejo! And as for erik i wish you two would just have sex and release all that built up tension ive never seen anyone go back and forth as much as you two" she shakes her head but i send a glare her way.

"that will never happen" i roll my eyes looking at the menu trying to decide between a half and half or a sprite when amara makes a weird noise. I look up to see her fixing her hair attention set on whoevers at the door. I snort knowing who it was there was only one guy who could get her like that.

"I dont understand why you and luca dont just "have sex and release all that built up tension' amara" i mock her and she playfully shoves me. Luca was one of the only guys who didnt play into amara's charms, he was a laid back lightskin guy with dreads that were usualy styled into a ponytail, he was what we call WOKE and always had his nose in a book. He didnt have to be outspoken to get his point across his fashion statements were loud enough and he was definately the campus trendsetter.

"Dont use all your words just yet cause aaron is with him" she mumbles low enough for me to hear her. Aaron wasnt my usual TYPE but he looked good. He had black hair hazel eyes and amaras favorite thing to mention his tan white skin. I immidiately look up and see the group of 4 guys heading toward our booth.

"Him and erik, wow chicka How do you plan on getting out of this one?" She snorts until i elbow her in the side as they sit down. We all exchange our 'heys' while i ignore erik's smirk.

"Hey doll" aaron says sitting a little closer to me and i grin trying not to stutter. His hazel eyes give me a once over before he licks his dry lips.

"Hey whats up" i smile before a waitor ive never seen come over to us giving me and mara dirty looks before quickly changing it. I look at Amara to see if she seen it and i see she's already looking at me.

"Welcome to baccaros pizzeria can i start you off with drinks?" He ask.

"Half and half no ice" erik says the same time i do, even though i ignore him i can feel him and everyone else staring at me.

Through out the meet up aaron and i make small talk but i dont care, the boy could read the menu and id find it attractive. We all laugh and joke around pizza and luca being the odd one out gets alfredo. After sitting here for nearly 3 hours, Amara luca and the other guy go to the bathroom leaving erik aaron and i at the booth...in awkward silence.