Redemption 42

§
Chapter 42
Numb at 2 a.m
§

Jumping back i flinch at the sharp end of the staff thats inches away from my face. Blinking my vision unblurs and i notice its just Okoye with a playful grin. Holding the tub of ice cream in one hand tightly i use my left pushing the blade away.

"Care to spar? Its been helping me keep my composure lately" she admits pulling it back toward her side and dropping hints. I know Okoye didnt mean any harm by it since we had been going through the same thing, except it hurt me worse. N'jadaka was the only person i felt i truly had and accepted me for me. Shaking my head i side step her and continue to my room.

Just when i thought i could stop thinking of him something reminds me i cant

Just when i thought i could stop thinking of him something reminds me i cant. N'jadaka was the only person i could talk to about things without a fear of being judged, he was the only person i knew for a fact would be there for me no matter how much bad i did. He was the only person i ever opened up to and the only person to see me cry, and somehow made me feel like everything was ok.

So now what was i suppose to do now that the only person who could heal me was the reason i was hurting?

Usually i always knew what to do, i could always put my feelings to the side and be strong but this was something i never felt before.

Scrolling through Erik and i's old pictures and videos as i lay in bed, i frown feeling all the emotions ive been trying to bury for months come back. A small part of me felt like this was my fault and i was to blame. I feel the tears pour down my face when i get to our first picture together and i sniffle until i hear a knock before my room door opens. I quickly wipe my tears and shut off the screen seeing nakia walk in.

She notices the tear smudges but doesnt say anything which im greatful for. Before i could ask what she needed a servant comes in with several dresses of different material, colors length and styles which confuses me.

"What are these for?" I ask confused wiping at ny face quickly while she isnt facing me and shuri barges in typing away on her tablet with queen mother behind her. Something was going on, theres was no reason all 3 of them were in my room for something so small.

"So tomorrow i have a trip booked a trip for the 3 of you to get your hair and nails done for the ceremony and ive had the whole salon rented out so you arent bothered" queen mother says and i want to roll my eyes but i knew better. First of all shuri hated getting her nails done and nakia didnt like anyone doing her hair but her those were things i liked to do. Plus i know for a fact they had people come here to do that stuff. Putting the lid back on my ice cream i sigh climbing into bed and unlike the other 3 the servant takes that as her que to leave.