Redemption 44

§
Chapter 44
Two halves of a whole
§

Popping another piece of sliced fruit in my mouth i nearly miss the look T'challa gives me but his sounds of laughter take me out of my trance. This was our third day doing brunch together, we had spent time catching up sharing new things about ourselves and talking about duties we now heald.

"Im still trying to understand you and N'jadaka...have you seen him since—" T'challa ask munching on a piece of bacon and i shake my head cutting him off.

"No i honestly dont know what to say. Like "hey sorry i didnt tell you everything about your life though you didnt tell me everything about yours and that i flirted with my ex i front of you to make you mad and got jealous when you smirked at a girl though you shouldnt have" its crazy challa" i shake my head sipping on the sparkling orange juice before looking down at my plate.

"Maybe not all the extra stuff but you can start by apologizing and walk in your truth" he tells me and i scoff ignoring his 'everyone should kumbaya and hold hands' talk. He was always a peace maker and had a old soul but it seems the older he gets the worse it gets.

"Since when are you and N'jadaka best friends,
I do recall him trying to kill you?" I ask leaning back in my chair enjoying the way the sun blares down on my skin as i look over the balcony.

"Since him and i both have your best interest in common" he tells me and i send him a smirk.

"Is this about the crush you had on me when we were 13?" I tease and he flings a crumpled napkin in my direction but misses terribly making me laugh. Before he could give a wity comeback two guards rush onto the balcony panic on their faces.

"N'jadaka has had another alterication with his therapist!" The taller one blurts and i squint in confusion, what did they mean another? Seeing my facial expression T'challa is quick to explain.

"For the past few days hes been through 7 psychologist none of them last more then 10 minutes im not sure what he says to these people but they literally run out and dont say a word one woman ran out crying" he confesses and i shake my head...sounds like Erik to me.

"Its worse last thing was heard was N'jobu's name and then he got physical" the shorter guard informs and i jump out my seat followed by T'challa who knows this isnt good.

When i reach the room all i see is shattered glass holes in the walls and the woman runs out dropping her book in the process. N'jadaka doesnt seem to notice me just keeps throwing his fit of rage and T'challa gets ready to walk in but i stop him. He may have handled alot of things but ptsd N'jadaka wasnt one.

"N'jadaka listen to my voice" i speak in xhosan watching as he Immediately stops throwing things just stands with his back facing us breathing heavily and his muscles rippling (great sight). "Its ok im here now" i tell him again in xhosan as i walk closer reaching out to touch his bare skin with my fingertips,to my palm, to two palms to a hug.

I can feel how tense he is and by the way he wont hug me back or even move i know whats wrong before asking. Waving off T'challa and the building audience of his mom and the whole dora milaje he gives me a nod before shutting the door and slowly njadaka hugs back.

"You can let go" i tell him when im sure the audience is far enough and he does. He lets go of the tension, the anger, the pain and his tough facade before breaking down into tears on my shoulder as he holds me tightly.