six

Warnings: brief mention of death :(

~

It was a week later when I was on the phone with my mum, she had called me and asked how I was doing with everything that had been going on.

"I'm fine mum, really. He was a jerk anyways, m'kinda glad that we're done and over with," I explained, sitting on my bed as I spoke.

She sighed, "Okay, love. If you say so. But know that if you're ever upset and need to talk, I'm always here."

I chuckled, "Of course, I promise if I'm feeling down I'll tell you. Thanks for everything," I smiled softly, placing my phone between my cheek and shoulder as I picked a film to watch on Netflix.

"You're welcome, honey." We continued to talk for a few more minutes until I remembered something that I wanted to ask her.

"Mum?" I questioned, gulping as I played mindlessly with my fingers.

She hummed, telling me to continue. "Remember when you worked at the hospital? Do you happen to remember someone who worked there named Anne?"

It was quiet for a second, my mum completely silent until she mumbled quietly. "Yeah-yeah. Why?"

I squirmed a bit from where I was and crossed my ankles, noticing how uncertain and nervous my mum sounded when speaking. "I met a guy who said his mum worked there and I told him about how my mum did too once. I was curious if you knew anything about her, is all."

She cleared her throat, "Anne was nice, but Lou, she died three years ago. She committed suicide, sadly. Because of depression or something about her son, I think."

I stared blankly at the wall, my mouth hung agape as I laid there speechless. All I was thinking about was Harry, and how in the hell I would tell him that his own mother had passed. It pained me to think about his reaction.

"Oh, that's... That's not good at all. Thanks mum," I gulped and took a shaky breath, "But I'm gonna go now, alright? Bye, love you."

My mum sighed as yells could be heard and I recognized the voices to be my two younger sisters, Daisy and Phoebe. "Girls, stop arguing please. And okay Lou, I love you too hun. Bye,"

I hung up after that and placed my phone on the nightstand, pressing play with the remote before snuggling up in the covers.

Harry wouldn't leave my mind as I watched the movie, my mind racing on how I would tell him the sad news.

Suddenly there was a knock on the front door and I whined, hoisting myself up and off of the bed before trudging to the door.

I didn't bother to look through the peep hole and instead just twisted the knob, being greeted with a smiling familiar boy. "Hey!" He spoke, and I racked my brain for who he was until it clicked and I groaned.

"Aaron, right?" I questioned and he beamed before nodding. "What can I do for you?"

He smirked, crossing his arms as he stood there. He circled his finger in the air before pointing it into my chest, "Well-" He paused, stepping in my flat making me raise a brow. "-I heard from a certain someone that you were single, and I wanted to know if I could take you out on a date?"

I fake laughed right when he finished his sentence, stopping as he stared at me with a frown plastered on his pale face. "Aaron, sorry mate, but no. Not right now, anyways. I kind of want to stay away from the dating scene for a bit, you know?"

The man looked down to the ground, a pout forming on his lips as he shuffled his feet. "Oh-okay, yeah. I get it, maybe someday soon?"

I nodded, shrugging soon afterwards as his blue eyes met my own. "Yeah, maybe. I'll think about it," I gave a fake, forced smile and he waved goodbye before leaving with a grin.