Chapter 2

Clara walked back up to her dorm only to find the door was not locked like she had left it. She walked in to find her two roommates in their rooms unpacking. She took a deep breath and said, "Hi I am Clara Whitney."

An Asian girl with long straight brown hair and dark brown eyes turned around first. She smiled and said, "Hi, I am Rachel Bryant."

Finally, a girl with blond hair and bright blue eyes turned to face Clara and Rachel and said, "I am Brittney Davis. You can call me Brit."

Clara said, "What type of riding do you guys do. I am a show jumper."

Rachel said, "I do mostly cross country. That is what I will hopefully do here."

Brit said, "I am a dressage rider. Do you guys have your own horses or are you using school horses. I own a 17.5 Friesian named Mayken it Rain or Mayken."

Rachel said, "I own my own horse. He is a 16 hand Appaloosa named Apple Cider or Apple."

Clara was the last to say her horse, "I own a 16.5 hand dapple grey thoroughbred warmblood cross named Fallen in Love or Fallon."

When Clara finished her sentence the dorm monitor Anna came up to tell the girls to come down for opening ceremony.

The three girls walked down the stairs and continued talking about anything that they could think of. The front lawn was massive and had a large stage in the middle with lights on it. The head master finally spook, "Hello everyone my name is Lisa Johnson for those of you that don't know me. I am very happy to welcome everyone to the opening ceremony of school. I am now going to introduce our teacher for all grades and all levels of teams. The dressage teacher is Ashley Meyer. Show Jumping teacher is Beth Brooks. Finally our cross country teacher is Richard Cranley. I want everyone to have a wonderful year and I will be watching try outs for the riding teams which are tomorrow. The times are freshman 7:30-9:30, sophomores 10-12, juniors 12:30-2:30, finally seniors 3-5. The lists will be posted on who made the teams in the senior barn at 8. When you know your teams then the teacher will be specific when classes are. You are all dismissed enjoy the rest of your evening and see all of you tomorrow."

Clara, Rachel, and Brit walked back to the dorms. All of the freshman were in the common room of the dorm with the dorm monitor Anna. The three girl took the last three open seats in the circle of kids. Anna spoke, "Okay every one since the grades are so little you 18 kids will be spending a lot of time together over the next 4 fours. I want everyone to go around the circle and say their names. I will start I am Anna." When all of the introductions were done it was almost 10 o'clock at night and it was time for lights out. Clara and her friends headed up to the dorm and went to sleep dreaming about tryout which were the next morning.

A/N Hi everyone I hope you are enjoying. I know the first couple chapters are a little boring but once I get introductions and tryout out of the book will get much better. I will try to update as often as possible. I have school and I don't know how often the updates will come, but I will try for at like 3 or more every week. Please read, comment, and like. Thanks SSA_Catherine