Chapter 32

Ashley walked through the halls of the barn towards her advanced team. She was about to announce an event that would change her students life. She walked into the ring to find her six riders finishing their warm ups so their lesson could start. She walked in and called, "Can I have all of you in the center of the ring. I have a major announcement." She watched the 6 riders stop what they were doing and walk into the center where all six horses were halted at a perfect square halt. "Okay now that I have your attention, I wanted to announce we are heading to the largest competition of the year this weekend. But it is not the show I originally planned on competing the start of the year."

Aaron spoke up confused and said, "Wait if we are not competing at the California State Finals. Where are we competing?"

Ashley shock her head and said, "No, I have a much larger opportunity for of you to further your careers and possible make the Olympic Team in the future. You will all be competing in the Junior Nationals Show. You all will be competing against the best riders in the country trying to gain some of the spots in the Junior National US Equestrian Team. With a spot on the national team at your ages you will be set up for in the future gaining a spot on the US Olympic Equestrian Team."

Ben shocked said, "Wait how many spots are open?"

Ashley said, "I have not heard from the board how many spots need to be filled or what disciplines are needed to be filled. I will let you know when I get off the phone with them. You will not have a lesson from me today, but I will allow you to train for your specific disciplines because I am bringing in some of the other coaches to oversee your training to make sure no one get hurt. Okay head out to train."

Clara still is disbelief that she could have a spot in the national team started to walk out of the barn closely followed by Aaron. She soon said, "I cannot believe that we could be on the national team."

Aaron shock his head saying, "You know we both might not make it. There are so few spots open that we might not even be up for a spot and we are very young. We are all the minimum age to even be eligible to compete. We are going up against riders who have been going for these spots for years. What makes you think we will get them our first year out?"

Clara frowned and said, "Hey, I was just trying to stay positive. You don't have to be so negative."

Aaron fired back, "I am not being negative. I am being realistic."

Clara glared and said, "You know what, I am going to follow my dream and work harder than ever for the next couple days to give me a fighting chance to get that spot. If you don't want to do so leave me alone. I am going to work in the arena."

Aaron shocked at her tone fired back with one last comment, "So what, leave me alone. You can have your space. I will be in the other jumper arena working on my tasks. Have fun Clara."

Clara turned around and said, "Yea you to AJ," she then trotted off with Fallen.

Aaron little shock thought, that was the first time she called me AJ. She always calls me Aaron. Did I just loose the girl I love?

Meanwhile back in the arena...

Brit and Luke began to work on their dressage steps for the test they needed to perform at the show.

Brit looked at the paper an announced frustrated with, "There is no way I can get this test done in a week."

Luke looked at the paper and said, "It is actually 6 days. Today is Friday and we leave Thursday for the show which begins on Friday morning."

Brit rolled her eyes and said, "Okay be exact. Can you help me? I keep messing up and going the wrong direction."

Luke smiled and trotted over to her, "Sure. How about we do the test together and help each other. There are so many better riders technically than us we actually have no chance to get a dressage spot even if there is one open."

Brit put her head down and said, "Yea. No matter how much I want the spot I would need to have the test of my life and there are steps in this test they I cannot even do. With this test I cannot even compete. If I were to make my debut with this test of would be a laughing stuck in the world for the rest of my career. I will compete next year when I have mastered the steps and have a fighting chance to make the team."

Luke walked closer and leaned over to kiss her. "I know what you mean. I cannot do these steps either. We might want to wait till we can actually do the test before we compete at the level. Let's do a light workout then go tell Ashley."

After their work out...

Luke knock on Ashley office door and after a muffled come in him and Brit entered the office. He said, "Ashley, Brit and I would like to talk about the show with you."

Ashley looked up from her computer and said, "Yea you can talk to me about it. What is up?"

Brit said, "Well Luke and I were looking at the test that we would have to do at the show and there are steps in the test we cannot do."

Ashely surprised said, "I thought when I looked at the test you two have both successfully performed all the steps in previous test."

Luke said, "No, neither of us can successfully and consistently perform the one or two stride flying changes, or the pirouette in both directions. We both agreed that if we want to make our debut on the national circuit we want to be able to perform every step as close to perfect as possible. We do not want to go out and ruin our careers."

Ashely shock her head and said, "Okay it is your decision to not compete at this show. I do agree with your judgements though. Okay is that all?"

Brit said, "Yea, thank you Ashley."

Ashely turned back to her computer and said, "Have a nice day your two."

Meanwhile on the cross country course...

Ben watched his girlfriend take the course and mess up a little or a lot on every single jump. He was beginning to get frustrated with her. He watched her basically self-sabotage every jump. He yelled once again, "You need to be confident. I don't see that at all." He watched her trot up to him when he looked into her eyes and said, "Where is the girl I first rode with at tryouts on the first day. What happened to her?"

Rachel frustrated said, "She is no longer here! She has lost the fire to win and the confidence to go over the jumps needed!"

Ben also mad said, "Why you are a great rider!"

Rachel said, "You know what I am going to tell Ashley to pull my entry from the National Horse Show. I don't want to compete." She then turned Effie around and sent the young mare into a gallop out of the fields and down towards campus.

Ben groaned and said, "UGHHHHH! What am I going to do!!?" He then after collecting himself went right back to work. If she wasn't competing he certainly wasn't going to let her hold him back and destroy his chance at getting on the national team. He wanted and needed the spot.

A/N Wow!! Major drama this chapter. I am still looking for the comment to know if you guys want Rachel to leave or get the confidence to stay. Comment on your opinions.

Please vote, comment, read, and enjoy!!!

tisE6�0�J