Chapter 4

Aaron walked with Clara down to the Sugar Café. His eyes wander to look at the brunette. She was really pretty and a great rider. He had seen her riding skill when she took the course during tryout. He agreed with their coach it was amazing. He was hoping by the end of this he would be able to tell Clara how he feels. "You know that ride you and Fallon took during tryouts was incredible. You knew what she would do over anything."

Clara blushed at his comment. "I know how she will act because she has been mine since she was born. I was the first person to touch her after her mom. I have done all of her training with a little help from my mom, but I have done everything."

Aaron was shocked from what she said, "Wow, you are even more incredible then I thought." He held the door open and let Clara walk in before he followed her and sat down in the booth.

Clara was still thinking about his comment before. "Did you really mean what you said about me or are you just trying to be nice?"

Aaron could see the doubt in her eyes. "Clara I have meant every word I have said to you. You are and incredible rider and we will be the best show jumpers at this school. I also mean this." He took a breath as he looked into her bright blue eyes to tell her he liked her. "I like you a lot I was wondering if we could go out some time."

Clara saw his nervousness in the way his body language was to her. "I thought this was a date, and that would be a yes I like you to and I would love to go out with you sometime."

Aaron let the breath out he had been holding. He reached across the table to take her hands. "You are a great girl. I mean that. How about we go on a trial ride to let our horses have a reward for getting us on the advanced team." He got up and immediately took Clara smaller hand in his larger hand.

Clara was blushing as she held Aaron's hand. "Thanks Aaron for this. I have not felt this way in a long time."

Aaron squeezed her hand. He could see that someone had broken her heart at one point. He could not understand how anyone could have broken her heart and let her go. He was happy he could treat her amazing and be able to fix her heart. "You know you are the only person who calls me Aaron and not AJ. Everyone has called me AJ since I started to ride. It feels nice to be called by my real name and not nickname. Especially by someone I care about." He walked into the barn to get their horses ready to find that perfect spot on the trail to ask her to be his girlfriend. He grabbed his tack and tacked up Midnight. He walked out the door to the front to find her tacked up and on top of Fallon waiting for him.

She saw him walk out. "Hi slow poke." She smirked at him as she watch him swing up in the large mare. "Let's see if your horse is as slow as you are tacking you." She turned Fallon on the haunches and jumped into a fast canter down the lane to the forest.

Aaron called, "You are so going down." He crouched down in his jockey position and Midnight raced after mare. He passed Clara, even though both horses where thoroughbreds, Midnight had been a race horses so she knew how to pass horses and race. Aaron raced to the top of the hill and Midnight reared up in excitement and to pronounce her victory. Aaron ran his hand along Midnight's neck, "Good girl Midnight." Clara cantered up and stop next to him. Aaron laughed at the looks on Clara and Fallon's faces. "I told you I would win."

Clara ran her hand along Fallon's neck to praise her and said, "Okay, I should have listened." She pulled Fallon right next to her new best friend Midnight.

Aaron slide of Midnight and tied Midnight to a tree to allow her to graze. "Come on Clara."

Clara walked over to the tree and tied Fallon up. Clara looked at the big tree where Aaron had climbed into. "Aaron give me a hand." She took Aaron's hand and he pulled her into the tree.

Aaron sat in the opening where the tree had split. "Come here." He pulled Clara next to him to sit on his lap. "You know you are beautiful." When he finished leaned up to Clara to kiss her.

When Clara's lips touched Aaron's electricity ran through her blood. She soon pulled away and her cheeks turned bright red. Aaron as trying to catch his breath from the kiss. "You know you look adorable when you are trying to catch your breath."

Aaron let out a laugh, "You are so beautiful. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Clara blushed and leaned into kiss him again to give him his answer. "Yes, I would love to."

Aaron wrapped his arms around her let her lay against his chest. "Come on we should get back." He jumped down first and then helped her down. He swung up on Midnight's back as Clara swung up on Fallon's. "Let's get back to campus," with that he squeezed Midnight into nice calm and collected canter back to campus with Clara following him not behind. 

A/N Yay they are finally together, from this point on the book will get really good. I need names for some of the other horse names show and barn names. If you have any ideas please comment.