Chapter 18

A/N I just want to let you know that Chapter 18 and 17 happen on the same day just so there is no confusion. 

Riding Lessons...

Ashley said, "Okay we are not having the typical lesson as we usually do. We are going to have some fun. Go get your horses in all around wraps or medical boots, and bell boots. You are probably wondering what is going on. Today is western day!"

Clara said, "Oh I love western I used to do it all the time on the horse before I got Fallon."

Rachel said, "Sometimes when Effie and I don't compete in all of our cross country events we compete in the western shows."

Ben groaned, "The only experience I have with western is my first 6 weeks of learning to ride. That we 6 years ago. This is going to be interesting."

Placing a kiss on her boyfriend's cheek she said, "Babe you are going to be fine. Western is similar to English all you have to do is use your leg and you will we fine."

Ashely said, "I know all of you are not using all western tack since some of you don't have western saddles or bridles. We are going to run the patterns 2 times to practice and then let the race begin. The first time you have to trot. The second time you can canter. We are doing this on every patter before the times to let your horses get used to the western games before I start the times."

After the warm up rounds....

Ashely said, "Rich is going to run the western day show since he grew up riding and competing western before switching to English."

Rich said, "Okay guys we are starting with barrel racing the order is Ben, Brit, Lucas, Aaron, Clara, and finally Rachel."

Rachel laughed and said, "Save the two best for last."

Rich said, "You guys both have experience at these events. That is why you are going last. Ben get ready to go. On 3 you will start. One, two, three, go!"

Rich watched as Ben went. Rich new he had the least experience with western. "Okay ben your time is 20 seconds on the dot, next"

After the other have gone and only Clara and Rachel have to go....

Rich said, "Okay Clara you are up. You have to beat 16 seconds to take the lead from AJ."

Clara heard Rich say go and she gave a quick kick to Fallon's side and her mare took off towards the first barrels. She turned smooth around the first then headed towards the second. She had a much tighter turn around the second barrel finally the third barrel. Her tightest turn yet and she sat low and galloped across the line."

Rich said, "Wow! The new time to beat is 14.5 seconds."

Clara smiled and took her place next to her boyfriend.

Rich said, "Okay now it is Rachel's turn. I am looking forward to see who wins this."

Rachel took off towards the barrels. She had tighter turns then Clara. When she hit the finish line Rich yelled, "We have a winner. Rachel with 13.6 seconds. Nice job Rachel. Okay the next event is pole bending."

Only Clara left to go...

Rich said, "Okay Clara you need a 21. or better to win. One, two, three, go!"

Clara galloped clean though the poles all she had to do was just get back to the top faster than Rachel did.

Rich yelled as she crossed the finish line, "20. 8 our winner. Okay next and final race is key hole. Okay this event will decide whether Clara or Rachel is champion of the western day show."

Results of Western Day show...

Rich said, "Okay I know I did not tell you all your times for the keyhole event and that was to create suspense to who won. Okay in 6th place is Ben. 5th place is AJ. 4th place is Luke. 3rd place is Brit. Now here we go second place and reserve champion today is Rachel. She had 6.3 seconds on keyhole. That leaves Clara as champion with a 5.4 seconds on keyhole."

Ashley walked down and said, "I hope you all had fun. I am going to tell you know that before every break you will go on during your time here there will always be a western day show the lesson before. I hope you all have a nice, safe, and fun break. We will see all of you next Wednesday."

A/N Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!!!