Chapter 41: We have what we need

Ben POV

I walk down the conference room hallway until I reach the door. "Got them on camera?" I ask as I walk into the conference room. "Yes sir, the man, Tobias Eaton is on foot with Beatrice Prior making their way to the OR." "Good, make sure no guards meet them, I want to see what they do." I stare at the screens and watch as a few guards are shot down by the brown skinned man at the doorway of the OR. The only thing I can think about is that we are loosing valuable guards. "Juliet! Come on I told you not to send any guards!" I slam my hand on the desk to make a point. "Sor-sorry sir." She fiddles with her hands as she sits down in the chair next to me. "I told them to hold the guards back but they didn't listen, sorry boss." I look at her as she try's to hold back tears. I never knew she was that soft.

We sit there watching the monitors in silence until the panel next to Juliet starts to beep and flash red and white. She immediately stands up and rushes over to the panel. My eyes advert to her frustrated face. "Sir we got a problem." I look back at the screens and stare at them until I realize she is talking to me. "What is it?" I walk up to the panel to find all of our indicator lights blinking and beeping. "There are ten vehicles heading right for our walls." The only thought that runs through my head is, why are they coming and who are they. "Well, shoot them down!" "We can't sir our defense mechanisms are down for maintenance." "Why!" I yell out. My hand collides with one of the screens causing glass shards to fly across the room. My hand starts to drip with blood but I ignore the pain. "Send our troops out now, forget about them." I gesture my hand at the screen that displays Beatrice. She pulls out her phone and calls someone. "Send the troops now!" She screams into the phone then clicks it closed. I watch as the trucks jam through our doors and into our little city.

All of the citizens scream and hide in their houses but the men and women in the trucks lure the citizens to them. One by one the citizens disappear into the back of the trucks and drive away. My rage consumes me as I scream. Juliet scrambles out of the room out of fear. I sit there for a minute staring at the screen with Beatrice on it. "You know what, we have what we need." As I leave the room, I turn off the lights and think to myself, Till we meet again. A smirk appears across my face as walk down the hallway.

--

Love ya guys :)

<4

~Sara