Chapter 2

Flight day......

We all arrived at Heathrow airport at 4.30AM!!! We were all zombies so we grabbed a strong coffee from McDonalds to wake us up a bit. Sparkle management was a well established company and so we did get recognised a bit but we didn't mind. We were talking about our new life out in Sydney when the call came through.

"Flight BA257 to Sydney, Australia is now boarding"

Right, this was it then, no turning back, my heart quickened as we got closer to the plane and I felt as if I was going to be sick, we hadn't even taken off and already I was feeling ill, jesus Lottie pull yourself together woman!!! We sat down in business class and before I knew it we were in the air, I looked down at the grassy fields and took in the view, the view that I got easily fed up with, but the view I was going to miss. Jess then turned towards me and gave me a smile and a 'you'll be okay trust me' look. I smiled and hugged her. Me and Jess had been best friends since secondary school and we were always seen together, now we were starting a new life on the other side of the world.

I felt myself drift into a peaceful sleep, but it wasn't peaceful for long, as it soon turned into a nightmare.

The goodbye. The way his face fell when I told him. I had lost my mum when she lost the battle with cancer. I remember that day, the day my world came crashing down on me. She looked so ill, skinny and I could tell it was nearly the end. She had been battling it for the past four years and she'd given up. That's when the family fell apart. The family that had been so strong just the three of us. Mum and Dad had been married for over 26 years and I was there only child, so when mum left I was the only thing that kept dad going, he told me he was happy for me, and that he would support me what ever I do, but I could tell he didn't want me to go. He hugged my so tight I didn't want to let him go, part of me felt like a horrible person for leaving him but I knew he wanted me to be happy.

I woke up form this nightmare crying and sweating. I started to shake uncontrollably and Jess an Lou hugged me tightly and told me everything would be okay. Jess was the one who could relate to my problems a lot more as both of her parents had died in a at crash when she was only 14. Jess kept talking to me about the lifeguards and the beautiful weather in Australia. I knew that if I hade Jess I could get over this, just like she helped me get over mu mums death.