Chapter Fifteen

In the morning, I'm exhausted. I barely slept, thinking about everything that had happened. I manage to pull myself out of bed, and while Emily's getting me ready, Eadlyn barges into my room. "How do I look?" she asks, gesturing to her outfit.

"Amazing." She's in black pants, a purple blouse, a black blazer, and strappy heels. "Today's the elimination, isn't it?"

Eadlyn nods. "It should be subtler than my first attempt."

I laugh. "Let's not let that happen again."

After breakfast, we're all gathered in the Great Room to find out Eadlyn's choices of who stays and who leaves.

I see Kaden as I walk in, and walk over to stand by him.

"Hey," he says, smiling.

"Hi."

For a while we stand side by side, talking and waiting for Eadlyn to come out and announce who's eliminated.

"It's all a bit extravagant, isn't it?"

"What is?"

"Everything about the selection." I laugh slightly, gesturing all around us.

"Definitely," he agrees. "I like love that's more personal."

"You'd hate to have your own selection then?"

"I used to like the idea when I was younger, but now-" He's cut off by Eadlyn move to front and center, and cameramen starting to yell that we're on the air.

Eadlyn calls out the three people that are being eliminated, Harrison, Calvin, and Ivan, to another room. When Eadlyn comes back out, the small lunch party begins for the suitors that are still here.

I move around the room, talking to everyone, but Kaden remains at my side the whole time. Just being able to talk with him and enjoy his presence is all I could ask for.

Later during the party, Genevieve approaches us. "Elle, could I steal you away?" She grabs my arm.

"Yeah of course," I reply as she's already dragging me away.

Once we're out of earshot of people, she grills me. "I saw you leaving the party with Kaden last night, and now you're attached at the hip? What happened?" She eyes me suspiciously.

I get closer to her and whisper, "We kissed okay? Now stop hounding me." Her mouth gapes open and her eyes get wide. "Don't freak out!" I say quickly, and she settles down.

"You guys are so cute." She smirks.

"Don't say anything to anyone, though. No one else knows."

She draws two fingers over her lips, zipping her mouth shut. "Your secret is safe with me. Now go back to him." She pushes me gently in his direction.

I hug her. "You're the best."

"I'll always have your back, Elle."

I part ways with Gen and walk back to Kaden, lacing my hand through his arm. "Do you want to take a walk through the garden?" I ask.

He looks down to me and smiles. "I'd love to."

We walk together out of the crowded Great Room and through the large glass doors to the garden. We start our way down the sidewalk slowly.

"There's something I didn't get the chance to tell you yesterday." Kaden blurts.

"What is it?" We stop and I look over to him.

"I really like you, Elle."

I smile. "It would be a little awkward if you didn't."

He chuckles, looking away, his cheeks pink.