Tom~ Please stop crying

Tom's Pov
It's been 2 years since (Y/N) gave me our bouncing baby boy Oliver. And at 2 years old, he's a handful. Everything goes right into his mouth. (Y/N) is so good with him always watchful over him. He acts like a little gentleman when mommy is around. But as soon as he realizes she's gone his whole mood changes. He gets grouchy and constant flood of tears. I've tried many times and different ways of calming him down but nothing works besides having mommy. I feel like I'm not doing something right and that's why Oliver hates me. But (Y/N) always encourages me to bond with him more. And it seems to be working. Fingers crossed it lasts.

Oliver loves trains. Big or small he loves them all. I like trains too ever since I was his age. That's one of the few things we have in common. He takes after his mother in every way possible. His dark waves, big brown eyes, his nose, his chin even his laugh sounds like (Y/N)'s. Total mama's boy inside and out but I'm not complaining.  (Y/N) was at her mothers house because her mom is sick. So it's just us boys till she gets back

"What are you up too buddy?" I ask Oliver as he watches tv rolling his trains across his chest. "Watching Thomas the train daddy" he says with a hushed voice. "May I join you?" I say as I sit on the couch next to him. "Yeah but me and mommy watch Thomas together we have to wait for her" Oliver says. "Mommy won't be back till later because grandma is not feeling good. We can watch it together and tell mama all about it when she gets back ok?" Oliver looks reluctant at first but finally he agreed. "Mommy sings the song with me then the show comes on so you have to sing too daddy" he says with a wide grin. "Ok but you have to help me I forget some of the words" I laugh and Oliver stands up on the couch as soon as the song plays. "There's  two there's  four there's six there's eight" Oliver sings as loud as he can jumping up and down on the couch cushions. He doesn't do this when mom is here I think to myself but hey it's guy time I'll just keep a hold of him so he doesn't fall. "Red and green and brown and blue they're a really useful crew" we sing together till the song is done. Oliver snuggles up in my lap and tells me all the trains names and what kind of train they are like steam or diesel.

The show is almost over when we hear a car pull into the drive way. Oliver quickly runs to the window thinking is ( Y/N) but I know it's too early yet for her to be home. He waits at the window and I can hear soft crying. "Hey champ what's wrong?" I ask and that's when the tears started pouring out. "I want mommy I want mommy I miss her. Why does she have to be gone. Why. Why. Why." He sobs as I try to hug him but he just pushes me away. "Oli buddy it will be ok she'll be back soon. Please stop crying. I'm here daddy's here" I coo to the frustrated toddler. "Daddy can you sing to me like mommy does?" He says as he looks at me with tear stained cheeks. "Of course little one what would you like me to sing" With a new burst of excitement he shouts "my Loki lullaby" Oliver runs and gets his blanket and cuddles with me on the couch. "You comfy my prince" "Yes King daddy" he says with a giggle. I begin to sing to him as he lays his head on my chest. "Hush child darkness will rise from the deep end and carry you down into sleep child darkness will rise from the deep end and carry you down into sleep" "Daddy is mommy a princess or a queen." He asked with a puzzled look on his face. "Well I think she is a queen since you are our prince" I say as I tickle his tummy. Oil giggles but still looks confused. "What are you thinking about little man" "I think queens are old and ugly and mommy isn't that. So she's a princess" he says with the most serious face. "You're right buddy mommy is a princess. Would you like me to sing more?" "Oh yes daddy sorry for talking" Oliver says shyly. "It's alight little one it was an important question" I say and continued to sing. When I was done he was asleep in my arms looking so peaceful. Then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The loud cry of Mommy from Oliver woke me up. (Y/N) was back home and Oliver ran right to her. She picked him up and asked how his day was. "Daddy and I watched Thomas without you and then I heard a car and thought it was you but it wasn't. So I cried but daddy made me feel better by singing my Loki lullaby. I had fun but I missed you" Oliver says excitedly. "Daddy sang you your Loki lullaby huh" (Y/N) asked. "Yeah and you're a princess not a queen because queens are old and ugly" he said giving (Y/N) a kiss. "Well how was daddy's day?" She asked. And I said "great and now perfect since you're home" giving her a kiss too.