Loki~ Adventures in Parenting

"You're not going on a date with that boy! I forbid it Joanna!" Loki shouts at your 16 year old daughter. "Why not?" She spits crossing her arms. "Because you are only 16 and you live under my roof so you follow my rules." "You and mom were together when she was 16!" "Things were different back then. And I was surely capable of taking care of her. Tell me can this boy do that for you?" "This boy has a name, it's Joey. And we live on Midgard dad, boys aren't trained warriors." "Joey? What kind of name is that?" "What kind of name is Loki? Huh dad? I don't care what you say I'm going on a date with him." Joanna stomps off to her room and slams the door. "Oh we'll see about that young lady!" He yells through the closed door as you come home from work with the avengers. "Umm did I miss something?" You ask setting down your keys and purse. "Hello my love. Just that our daughter thinks she can do whatever she pleases. How was your day?" He kisses you softly then leads you to the couch. "What happened?" "Our dearest princess thinks she can date some Joey boy at her age. But I forbid it. She's too young to be dating and these Midgardian boys are not suitable for her." "Oh I see." You say rolling your eyes. "Yes it seems like our little Joanna has reached the rebel stage." "Seems like yesterday she was just a small baby in our arms. I'll go talk to her." You sigh getting up from the couch.

You softly knock on her door, "Hey darling it's me. Wanna talk?" You wait to hear her reply but jump when she opens the door. Her tear stained cheeks break your heart as you follow her to the bed. "What happened today my love?" You say as he crawls into your open arms. "I asked dad if I could barrow some money because I have a date with Joey. You know the one with the glasses and tutors me in math." "Oh that boy? He seems kind." "Yeah he's really sweet and funny. I really like him and he likes me. He asked me out today but now I can go because daddy's a jurk. I hate him." She says as she starts to cry. "Hush my lamb. You don't hate him. He's just trying to protect you. He doesn't like seeing you grow up so fast. He sees you as his little princess." "But you and him were together when you were 16. So why can't I be with Joey?" "That's true but your father was very mature for his age. He knew he had to protect me. Your father is just afraid that if something bad happens and Joey won't be able to protect you. See you are a very important girl my darling. With Loki being a prince and your uncle and I being avengers, what's to say an enemy of your fathers or mine come take you to hurt us? Loki is just trying to keep you safe." You say petting Joanna's hair. "Ok but I know how to protect myself." "I know darling. That's why I will talk this over with him. Ok?" She hugs you tight, "Thank you mommy!" "I'm just going to discuss with him I didn't say you can go out. Understood?" Joanna nods and gets up from the bed. "Now how about some dinner? I believe it's takeout night. What would you like?" "Chinese!" She shouts and runs out the room to get the menu.

As you eat dinner together you notice an awkward silence between Loki and Joanna. "So how was your days?" "Fine got the lawn done and took Joanna shopping." Loki says in a cheerful tone. "I saw, the lawn looks great dearest thank you. And shopping that sounds fun." You look over to Joanna. "Yeah going shopping with your 3150 year old father is amazing." She says sarcastically. "Joanna please don't sass." Loki says sharply. "Now stop both of you. I understand that you had a fight but that was hours ago. Can we let it go?" They both look down at their hands knowing the fight doesn't matter anymore.

After dinner Joanna does her homework while you and Loki clean the kitchen. "We need to talk about the dating issue later." You say quietly handing him a dish for him to dry. "What? No! What I said is final." He whispers angrily. You shoot him the "you better shut up" glare and his expression softens. "Fine but I'm not going to like it." "Oh I don't know about that." You wink as you squeeze his butt.

You all relax in the living room for a while till Joanna leaves for bed. "Goodnight mom. Night dad." "Goodnight darling sweet dreams." You both say as she heads to her room. "Now before you say anything I don't think she should be dating at 16." Loki says cuddling up to you. "I understand but look at what examples we set for her. We were together when I as 16 and for a while too. And I know it was on Asgard and it was a different time and you could protect me but in her eyes it's still us a couple at 16." "But what about the boy? How will he protect her if something bad happens?" "That's the thing we don't know so we have to trust Joanna to either know he can protect her or she will have to do it herself. And the boys name is Joey. I'm met him a few times he's a kind, smart young man." "What if he hurts her? I don't want Joanna to know heart break." Loki says quietly pulling you closer. He knows heart break all too well and you understand where he's coming from. "Ah my love. That's how life is. She must go through hardships on her own. I know it hurts being a parent and seeing your baby in pain but in the end she will be stronger." You hug him tight kissing his head. "She's not our little pet anymore. She's growning up to be a beautiful young woman. I think it's time for us to start letting her be that young woman." You wipe his tears away as he looks up at you. "You're right but she has to be back at 10 and answer our texts in a timely manner." "Sounds reasonable I will tell her our rules in the morning." You say walking to your bedroom. "Not so fast dearest wife. You implied I will get something for behaving during our talk." He says wrapping his arms around you. "Well you should have got that in writing." You tease as you break away from his grasp. "You naughty minx." He growls pushing you onto the bed. "You will give me what I need my love. Whether you give it willingly or not." He says as he crashed his lips to yours. Using all of your turn ons to make you a horny mess. "Oh please my king take me." You say pulling off your clothes.