An Interesting Table Conversation

Erza's P.O.V

-Later that evening-

We walked into the pocket-sized diner, in the small village that I'm very familiar with. I stepped up to the counter and ordered a sandwich and a slice of their (absolutely amazing) strawberry cake. "Back here again are we, Erza?" The girl behind the counter asked. "Of course, I'd never miss an opportunity to enjoy a meal here," I replied happily. "You and your guild mates are some of our best costumers! It's an honor having a Fairy Tail member such as yourself choose to dine in our little restaurant," She smiled. "Oh, you flatter us, Mika." I stated with recognition. As the clerk told me what I owed, I reached into my pocket to pay her.

Just then, Jellal stepped forward and put money on the counter.

"Let me," He insisted politely.

"Are you sure?" I asked, a bit taken back.

"Certainly," He said with a smile. I smiled back almost immediately as if it were instinctive. His happiness was contagious, I have to admit. "Now what would you like, Meredy?"

"Ooo, I think I'll have a hot dog. It looks all so good!" She joyfully said clapping two hands together.

"Alright then, I'll have one too," Jellal finished paying the lady, and in a few minutes our food was ready.

I dove into the long awaited strawberry cake. With the first bite, a deliciously sweet taste exploded in my mouth.

"I'd forgotten how much you loved strawberries, Erza," Jellal said with an innocent smirk.

I blushed and looked down into the plate, "Yea," I said with a small laugh, "They are my favorite."

"So do you wanna hear more about the job?" Meredy asked through bites of hot dog.

"Of course, I'm all ears," I replied with a cool tone.

"From what we know," She paused to swallow, "the dark guild we're after was founded about two years ago, but has been rapidly growing in size lately. More members started joining after they apparently saw the 'true power' of the guild's new leader, who goes by the name Asmodai. Her name translates to many things, including the queen of demons, mother of monsters, and a demon of wrath. Weird, huh?" She took another bite of hot dog.

"That's one thing to call it." I replied, and started to eat my sandwich.

"We tried to attack her before, however our movements were futile. We were lucky to get away without being seen," Jellal stated, "She's extremely powerful, and not one to be underestimated. I have no doubt that she'll have no problem killing whoever stands in her way."

"I guess we'll have to beat her to the punch, then," I said as I took the last few bites of my sandwich.

Jellal gave me a light smile before proceeding to finish his meal as well, and Meredy finished soon after.

"So where are we going to stay tonight?" Meredy asked hopefully.

"There's only one hotel in this town, so I suppose we'll go there," I replied as I stood up and pushed in my chair. The others soon followed my lead without delay. As we threw away our trash, Jellal bumped into me from behind, causing me to stumble forward a bit. I spun around, my face red. "S-Sorry," He mumbled, his expression as awkward as mine. "It's fine," I replied before turning away and looking at the ground, "I just hope that isn't the footwork you bring into the job." 

He laughed and scratched the back of his head nervously, "Yea, you're right," 

The three of us now headed for the door with confident smiles as the clerk waved goodbye.

"I overheard you're on a job, correct? I wish you luck, Erza! Though I doubt you'll need it!" She said gleefully. 

"Thanks again, Mika!" I said pleasantly, waving back to her.

____________________________________________________________________________________