Home Is Where the Heart Is

Jellal's P.O.V.

I woke up with my arm around her torso. I didn't mean to, but I guess my subconscious can't help itself.

It is Erza, after all.

I decided to leave my arm there for a bit. I was in the spur of the moment, enjoying her warmth and her general being as she slept. I tried to enter her mind and dreams, but my telepathy wouldn't go through. For the first time I can remember, I can't communicate with Erza.

This curse really did come between us...

"Don't let her tear us apart, don't let her,"

Erza's voice echoed in my head, causing a pain to rise in my chest.

"Promise me you won't let her, promise me she won't succeed in her plans, p-please,"

I took a deep breath and swallowed hard, trying to distract my senses from the growing knife-like feeling in the back of my throat. I let Erza down.

As soon as she's okay- Because she will be- We're both going to take down Asmodai, once and for all. I don't know how... But I won't ever let anything happen to Erza again.

I can't.

I looked up at her calm features. Her scarlet hair swept around her shoulders in a beautifully natural way. I knew I really shouldn't, but I guess I have a habit of being selfish when Erza's not looking.

I hugged her into me tightly, refusing to let go this time. Even if she woke up and didn't know one thing about me or herself, at least she would know that whoever she is-

She is loved.

By a blue-haired idiot with an obnoxious red mark around his right eye.

I watched her carefully, unable to take my eyes off of her. If she wasn't so pretty, this wouldn't be a problem. I smiled to myself knowing that I'd soon be able to see her gorgeous brown eyes again.

I wonder what she's doing in there- In that head of hers.

Probably eating a thousand strawberry cakes.

I laughed gently at the idea before rolling over in the bed. I went to the kitchen and put some water on the stove. I made myself a cup of tea, then headed back to the bedroom and sat in a chair next to Erza.

In one hand, I sipped my tea. On the other, I held Erza's hand.

Whatever she's doing in there, I hope she's happy.

Erza's P.O.V.

That memory didn't belong to me, so I'm assuming it was given to me by whoever cast the spell on me. And if I recall correctly... Everyone in that dream had English accents. That means it could only belong to one man I know who sides with The Damned.

Tick.

When we fought, he seemed to be much more emotional and good-willed. I wonder what could've changed his ways.

Then again, I can't be forced into going easy on him. Evil people are evil people, no matter their backstories or emotions. Whoever causes harm to anyone in the Fairy Tail guild can and will be punished accordingly.

I can't keep wasting time here.

I can't keep suffocating in this room, not knowing what's going on in the real world outside of it. What if they go after the other Fairy Tail members?

What happens if they go after Jellal?

No- I won't stand for it!

If this is my own imagination, then I should be allowed to use whatever's in it. I looked down and saw that the clothes I was wearing still belonged to the previous memory. They seemed to be... Boys pajamas?