Awakened

Erza's P.O.V

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I woke up to the sound of his heartbeat.

My eyes slowly opened, to reveal sunlight streaming into the small hotel room. The window, which was slightly opened, allowed a gentle breeze to cascade into the room. The thin curtains swayed as the wind blew, which gave me a slight chill. I burrowed into Jellal's chest and felt his body heat begin to warm me up.

I lifted my eyes to look at his face, still peacefully asleep.

He's... Perfect to me.

I laid there on that beautiful morning, listening to his steady pulse and the steady flow of his breathing. It was like a symphony of tranquility that was only comprehensible to those who truly loved him. I watched his visage stay calm and unmoving as unconsciousness swept over him like the tides of a boundless ocean.

Flashbacks of last night came pouring into my memory, and I felt an inner heat begin to emerge from within my being. A familiar light that left a smile on my face and a certain someone on my mind.

As I've grown up, the thoughts I had of Jellal have grown more and more. They'd started as the smallest pieces of memory, but grew and grew until thoughts of him couldn't fit into my head anymore and... He finally laid in the same bed as me. As vulnerable as ever, I cuddled into him and kept my eye on him.

"...You're staring at me," He said groggily without opening his eyes.

I felt my cheeks turn a light pink, before I smiled at his observation.

"And?" I replied.

He opened one eye, which looked down at me to see I was still laying on his chest.

"And..." He paused and made a small, tired smile, "It's adorable."

"You think so?"

"I know so," He closed his eye again, and took a deep breath while still beaming, "It's the best way to wake up."

"You're silly."

"You're cute."

"Stop!!" I said laughing as I sat up in bed and swung my feet over, ready to get up.

"And what are you gonna do about it if I don't!?" He said with a grin as he jumped up and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me backwards into the bed.

I screamed, followed by more laughter as he gave me dozens of playful kisses that tickled me.

"I'm---! I'm gonna--- I'm gonna kill you Jellal!!" I screamed through fits of laughter as he squeezed my sides, making me jump.

"Are you? Are you Erza?" He shouted as he continued tickling me.

"JELLAL!!!!" I was sure I was dying, I was also running out of breath for sure.

I began to fight back as I pushed him back, but he only barely moved at my weak push. My blow was weak as I was deprived of oxygen.

"What are you gonna do Erza!?" He laughed.

"THIS!" I said when I regained my breath and pushed him back, hard.

His arms were still locked around me, so he pulled me with him as we rolled off the bed and onto the floor. His body broke my fall as I landed on top of him.

"OOF"

A sound escaped him, as the breath was knocked out of him.

"Sorry!!" I said as I tried to get off him.

He rapidly turned and pinned me to the floor beneath him,

"Who said you could leave?"

I narrowed my eyes and gave him a playful glance,

"I did" I mumbled as I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his.

Now fully awake to experience a kiss between us, the electricity of it was... Well, shocking.

This took him off guard, and I broke free of his grasp and got onto my feet. I looked down to witness him, still completely paralyzed on the floor from the kiss.

"What... Was that?" He said, almost dreamily.

"Um, a kiss?" I responded a bit confused.

"A kiss? We should... 'a kiss' more often." He said, smiling ear to ear.

"You're a weirdo" I said gleaming.

"Yea, you're right." He said with a laugh as he sat up on the floor and ran his hand through his silky blue hair. I offered him my hand to help him get up, and he took it graciously.

From behind me, I heard the door knob turn as Meredy's voice chimed,

"Good morning!!! Hey, I'm soooo hungry! Where do you guys wanna get break-"

Jellal and I's faces turned to looks of pure horror as Meredy stood in the doorway, wide-eyed and still.

He was in his boxers.

I was wearing (quite revealing) pajamas.

The sheets on the bed were incredibly messy and distraught.

Saying this looked bad was an understatement.

____________________________________________________________________________________