I'm Just Glad You're Okay

Jellal's P.O.V.

The excruciating pain that had ripped me apart inside had subsided. One minute, all I could see was red. The next, a soothing, cool darkness washed over me like serene ocean tides. 

Sounds soon filled my ears, as birds chirping and breezes whispering through trees coaxed me into relaxation. I heard grass swaying, and leaves graze against one another. There was a vast emptiness, and I could feel it's presence looming over me. I was very small in contrast to it, which was comforting in it's own way.

Feelings began to seep into my skin slowly; hesitantly at first. I felt that same delicate wind against my face, as light and careful as a feather. The air was crisp, and had a relaxing mist attribute that cleansed any roughness of my thoughts away. I felt warmth on my face, a tender feeling only the sun could fabricate. I felt an even greater heat in my hand; one that was equally as kind as sunshine but caused my heart to race in the most endearing way.

I slowly allowed my eyes to blink open. I felt as if I were awakening from a nightmare or bad dream of some sort, but I couldn't quite recall what it was. I didn't want to remember anything at the moment. I just wanted to live in this second, and enjoy what was given to me.

The first thing I saw was a hand in mine. Their skin nearly pale as snow, and as soft as dandelions. Those fingers tangled in mine were recognizable to me, and caused a certain cheerfulness to take root inside of me.

My eyes trailed from her hand, and eventually rested on her face. Such a tranquil expression lingered there, watching the scenery in front of them. Her hair swayed freely in the wind, dancing like flames. 

Her smile was brighter than the sun that fought to continue hanging in the skies above. As contagious as ever, I couldn't help but smile myself. I felt safe and secure in her presence, a blanket of undying loyalty for her hugged me closely.

I hadn't enjoyed her company in awhile, let alone enjoyed her beauty. I didn't know the exact amount of time it had been, but I can tell you this.

 It's been too long.

"Are you going to stare at me forever?" She asked me, peering at me from the corner of her eye. 

My cheeks were kissed with a tinge of crimson as she gazed upon me. After a second, I regained myself and my calm expression returned. A grateful smile pulled at the corners of my lips,

"I just might," I replied, my eyes exploring her own. That reddened response she had provided me with was now given back as her face took on the same tint. She looked away from me, and her eyes went back to the horizon I hadn't seen yet.

"Well, you should at least do yourself a favor and enjoy the sunset. It won't last forever, after all." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, smiling at the freshness it delivered her. 

"Perhaps you're right, for now, Scarlet," My view went from her porcelain skin, to the orange-filled mist that swarmed through the mountain range below. What seemed to be a swirling sea of fog flooded the scene, almost as if we were amongst the clouds.

"If you don't mind me asking," I paused, gaping at the scene in disbelief, "Where are we, exactly?"

She didn't look over at the question, "The Gate of Oblivion," She replied calmly. She must've felt my curious expression facing her, and compelled herself to explain the seemingly dark title.

"The native people to these mountains, known as the Ancient Kin, were some of the first people to ever use magic. They created beliefs and religions around the existence of magic, and tried to rationalize their new found power by stating it was a gift from the gods,"