Tell Me

A/N: Happy Fourth of July to all my fellow Americans! Everyone else have a great night as well! ^_^

-A

Jellal's P.O.V.

"Are you sure you're tired, Gray?" I asked him, watching him shift back and fourth in his seat, "You look  like you have a lot of energy,"

"Well," He started calmly, "I'm not that tired, but Juvia is. I wouldn't want to wake her up by going to bed later than her."

"I see," I replied, taking a sip of the tea Erza had prepared. I smiled to myself, remembering how she didn't ask me what I wanted to drink. She already knew.

She stayed in the kitchen making tea  for Natsu and Lucy as well. 

It might've just been me, but something felt off in the air. It was a feeling I'd sensed on and off for the past few days. It was eerie and almost upsetting. 

Juvia's eyelids drooped wearily and her posture seemed to be giving in. She looked almost like a tired kid more than a tired adult. Gray seemed to notice too, as he adjusted himself in his seat once again to move a bit closer to Juvia. Doing so, she was able to gently lean on him for support.

I looked away, not wanting to pry, as I took another sip of my tea. I opened my telepathy to Erza, but before I could, that feeling reappeared. The sad feeling that forced my attention towards it. 

I tried harder to reach or hear Erza, but I couldn't.

Her thoughts were closed to me.

That's different. Normally she wouldn't be able to block me out this way. Or maybe she's been able to all along, but never wanted to?

No, that's confusing.

I swished tea in my mouth from one cheek to another as I thought.

Was Erza upset? She was just happy a moment ago.

Did I do something wrong? I couldn't think of anything that I did to upset her, but maybe I did. I should apologize, even if wasn't my fault. Wait, what good would that do?

Did Gray do something wrong? If he hurt Erza I'll injure him in ways he won't be able to imag- 

I shook my head; why was I suddenly jumping to conclusions? Gray didn't do anything wrong. 

What was it then?

I tried to communicate with her again, and realized the feeling was gone. That impending desperation was nowhere to be found. The clinking of her spoon hitting the glass mug began again, and I knew Erza was almost done preparing their tea. 

I tilted my head to look at her better, but her back was to me. I could only see the corner of her chin just barely over her shoulder.

I put down my cup and walked over to her once again.

I bent over a bit to whisper in her ear, "Is something wrong?"

She jumped at the sound of my voice and nearly dropped the spoon she was holding, "What? No," 

I continued to speak I'm a hushed tone, "Why are you lying to me? I felt what you felt, even if I couldn't read your thoughts." I watched her carefully, trying to understand what was going on.

"You're being ridiculous," She turned away to finish stirring the tea; and she placed the spoon in the sink with a clang, "There's nothing wrong. Don't assume something so quickly,"

She found my eyes with her own and gave me a brief smile before walking past me into the living room. 

"I'm gonna go say goodnight to those two," Gray stated, standing up. He brushed his pants before walking away into the bedroom.