The Jealousy Game

Lahar's P.O.V

She sat across the table from me, poking at the entré she ordered. 

"Something... Wrong?" I asked curiously. Did she not like the food here? I'd have no problem buying her something else if she didn't like what she ordered. We could even go somewhere else if she wanted. Am I being irrational again?

"No, nothings wrong," She stated shyly, "Just thinking about something," She twirled the pasta on the edge of her fork.

"Well, if you want to talk about something, I'll be right here." I told her, giving her a warm smile. She returned the expression and looked as if she were about to say something.

"Okay, well... This is kind of awkward, but..." She flushed pink and set her fork down, then proceeded in placing her hands on her lap. She looked down, and got extremely quiet. I was beginning to grow worried  when she didn't say anything more, but before I could say or do anything, she spoke again. As she did, it was barely audible. I had to replay it in my head a few times just to make sure I heard correctly.

"It's just that I like you a lot, and I don't know if you feel the same way back... I like you more than a lot..."

I tensed up, unsure what to do. An unsettling, unfamiliar happiness flowed through my body. I felt the same way. Of course I did! Just then, I realized a heat radiating from my face. Was I... blushing? Again!? This is so embarrassing! 

I just comprehended I'd been sitting in silence this whole time, probably scaring her more and more every second

I finally let my feelings show, and I let a wide smile spread across my face. I laughed from how exhilarated her confession made me.

"L-Lahar?" She asked, looking up sympathetically, "What's so funny?" She continued, her tone now defensive.

"You are, Akemi." I announced gleefully. She placed her hands on the table harshly, most likely thinking I was making fun of her feelings. I need to remember to react at a faster rate, or else I'm afraid she might get the wrong impression quite a bit...

 "Of course I feel the same way!" I beamed, taking her hands into mine gently. 

"R-really?" She asked, her expression softening.

"Really." I replied, picking up one of her hands to place a kiss on the back of it. I did it without thinking. What if she didn't want me to? What if that was too forward? What if she gets creeped out now?

She giggled and gave her famous, beautiful smile. It made my heart melt, and I couldn't help but do the same. 

"Come'on, let's go! I wanna go somewhere fun!" She cheered, getting out of her seat. Our hands were still linked, so she dragged me up with her.

"You have a habit of dragging me places,"

"You have a habit of not keeping up!" She joked, jabbing my  side and began to pull me along behind her. I quickly tossed money on the table (Which was way more than what we owed, but it's not like I had time to give the proper amount), and tried to keep at her pace. 

This was going to be... Different.

Erza's P.O.V

The sky was fading in teal and navy ómbre as Jellal and I walked out to meet Meldy at the edge of the water. She was smiling at the water and watching a fish swim in figure eights. 

"Hey, that looks like Ebony!" Jellal said, grinning like a little boy at the water, "Isn't he cute?" He asked without looking up. He put his finger in the water, and surprisingly the fish didn't run away. It instead began circling his finger in a playful manner.