The Idea

A/N:    >:3

-A ;D

Later that day...

Erza's P.O.V.

It had been around four hours since we all split up to go our separate ways. But as the sun was only an hour away from setting, we had to get going to find a hotel. I had gone to the front desk and told them I had lost my friends, to which they announced through the intercom of the entire zoo that Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Juvia, Happy, Carla, Meredy, and Wendy were due to meet Jellal and I at the front gate.

I thanked the staff and walked over to the gate to wait for our friends. In a few minutes, we had all regrouped.

"Wendy, Carla, and I are soooooo sleepy, I don't think we'll make it to the hotel!" Meredy told me while she was half awake.

"Well, what were you all up to?" I asked her, hoping they wouldn't collapse right where they were standing.

"We thought it would be fun to try and visit every exhibit and every landmark on the map before we left," Wendy yawned, "Turns out there's over 400 of them in total, and we only made it to 368."

"That's certainly a feat in itself," I told her, looking at her proudly, "Jellal and I only visited three exhibits because someone didn't want to leave the Lion exhibit."

"I can't help that cats are astounding animals, Erza," He responded defensively.

"Aw, thanks, buddy! I forgive ya'!" Happy beamed, flying over to pat Jellal on the back.

'Should I tell him I mean wild cats? From Earth?' Jellal asked me telepathically.

'NO.' I quickly replied.

"Alright, where to?" Natsu asked, leading the team as we walked through the parking lot, "I'm starvin'!"

"You're always starving, weirdo," Gray sighed from behind him.

"Oh, shut up, droopy eyes!"

"No, you shut up, pyro!"

"Gray-sama! Juvia needs your help with something!" Juvia interrupted, just in time to save the rest of the group from getting annoyed.

"Yea? What is it?" Gray asked, going over to her.

"Can you keep this warm?" She asked him, putting her hand in Gray's.

"Man, you're weird," Gray told her, but still didn't remove his hand.

"You have to admit, that was pretty smooth," Lucy said, looking at their intertwined hands, "Nice going, Juvia,"

Although Lucy was still joking around with Juvia, I could tell something was off about her. She wasn't as happy and bubbly as she usually was. Maybe something happened at the zoo.

 But what could've happened? It's a zoo, a place typically filled with happiness.

I also took note of how Lucy had spaced herself from Natsu. Normally, she's always hanging around him, or he'd always be hanging around her. But at the moment, they were on opposite sides of the group.

Now talking about Natsu, he seems a little less rowdy than his usual self. He typically smiles at everything, but I haven't seen him smile since we split up at the beginning of the day.

Had something happened between them?

I wonder...

"Hey look! There's a hotel right there!" Happy beamed, flying towards it quickly.