Please, Hear Me

Erza's P.O.V.

I waited for an answer.

I waited so long.

I had gotten up and opened the window, causing a tremendous gush of air to blow through me- nearly knocking me to the floor.  I clung onto the siding firmly, and forced myself to look outside.

I looked to the right.

I looked to the left.

Nothing was there.

I looked down.

I looked up.

Still, nothing.

Had I imagined it? Had I missed him so much that my mind needed to believe he truly spoke to me? Water droplets attacked my skin with a refreshing quality to them. I sighed, forcefully closing the window shut against the wind.

CRACK!

A surge of lighting branched across the sky, illuminating the eerie clouds with a sunshine-like glow. It's beauty lasted only for a second, before fading back into the foreboding darkness.

'Erza...'

A voice called from directly behind me. A sound so close I could feel it's breath against my ear.

I spun around immediately, knowing who called me. The unmistakable voice that's always been with me- the voice that's always given me courage when I was afraid. It was him.

But no one was there.

Why was no one there? I heard him. I had not only heard him, but I had felt him.

Was I going insane? Had the lack of sleep finally bitten into my mental being? 

"Jellal?" I asked aloud. 

CRACK!

Another flash of lightening sizzled through the sky, now shining light into the shadows of my room.

I looked around the room, pacing about as I did so.

I peeked under the bed, finding no one.

I searched my only closet, and even the bathroom connected to my room.

I suspiciously looked at the bathtub, where a shower curtain was drawn to hide it completely. Had I closed it when I took a bath this morning?

No. I didn't.

Because when I was leaving the water, I would've had to push it back to get out.

I walked closer slowly.

As quiet as a mouse, my feet graced the tile flooring. 

Inch by inch, the curtain grew closer.

Was this all in my head?

Was I being over-dramatic?

The shower now seemed to tower over me in size, looking down on me.

I raised my hand hesitantly, telling myself no one was going to be there.

But maybe someone was.

I felt my heart rate quicken as my finger tips approached the plastic layer between me and whatever was behind it.

I forced myself to get a hold of the curtain.

Come'on Scarlet. 

It's just a bathtub. 

What are you afraid of?

What's in it.

I took a deep breath to prepare myself.