Aftertaste

Erza's P.O.V.

I woke up to the faint sound of birds chirping, and the gentle stream of people outside of our window. Sunlight crept it's way through the blinds and drizzled orange streaks across the room. Blinking a few more times, I allowed my senses to come to life.

I felt my leg wrapped around Jellal's as I cuddled into him for warmth. His chest rose and fell with each silent breath as he he slept. Things were calm and delicate, almost as if I were still dreaming. 

His face remained peaceful and his unmoving features reflected his unconsciousness. I took a deep breath only to be welcomed with the familiar scent of him; it's distinctive qualities understandably present as a sign that this was not, in fact, a dream.

Lucky me.

Reluctantly at first, I pulled myself from the radiant heat of his body. I got to my feet and stretched until I was on my tip-toes. I made my way to the window, where I split the blinds with two fingers and watched as people happily scurried across the morning streets.

I smiled at the sight, and found myself smiling even wider once I returned my gaze to the still-very-much-asleep Jellal. 

His blue hair was distraught in a way that made him look almost like a kid again. Nonetheless, he still acted like a child. With a subtle laugh at the thought, I quietly escaped the bedroom and snuck into the kitchen.

I began making tea, for the third time since we got here. After all, I don't think someone could blame me. If there's any way to start a day off right, I highly suggest to begin with a fresh, hot cup of tea.

While the water was boiling, I requipted into my chef's uniform and began to stifle through the cabinets. Upon realization that the cupboards were near empty, I swore at myself for telling Natsu to bring my bags back to the guild hall. 

All my suitcases are filled with high-class ingredients that can only be found in extreme environments. They would've been perfect for creating breakfast. 

I sighed and thought about what I had in my dimensional space besides armor. I might have a few foods, but nothing special. 

It was settled then.

I would have to go and see what they were selling in the markets outside.

I didn't feel the need to requipt again, so I just went out as I was. I tucked a few bills into my pocket and headed out through the lobby.

A breeze of fresh air swept through the street, and I was met with the fragrance of the local flowers. It was an enchanting beginning to something so dull as grocery shopping.

I crossed the street to the first shop, where they happened to be selling spices and other basic cooking ingredients. Without a second thought, I purchased a bag of wheat flour and a pound of sugar to match.

Carrying them in my inventory, I continued on to the next stand. There was a colorful variety of fruits to choose from, which was a lucky break for me. I couldn't stop myself from purchasing twelve cartons of strawberries before getting an abundance of other fruits as well.

I wouldn't use all the strawberries this morning, but I could keep them for snacking and such later on. 

From the next stand I bought milk, butter, and eggs.

From the one after that: Confectionery sugar and chocolate chips.

I hadn't been paying attention to where I was going until I found myself in a completely different part of town. I'd never seen this area before, but it looked friendly enough. There weren't many buildings where I was, so I must've been getting close to the outskirts of town.