The Truth

Lahar's P.O.V.

When I unlocked my apartment door, stepping through it seemed... Abstract. 

The smell of Akemi's perfume lingered in the air, and her belongs lied around my rooms like bad omens. It had been more than a couple hours since I found out about the whole ordeal, and I still didn't know how I felt.

The only thing I knew so far,
was that I wanted nothing more than the truth.

'The truth,' I thought to myself, staring blankly into space, 'Truth...'

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to formulate an idea inside my head that would deliver what I wanted. Leaving my suitcase on the ground, I went to my bookshelf and searched for the magic book I had in mind.

With a forceful tug, I pulled out a fairly large book and pushed it onto my desk. Stealing a lacrima out of the top drawer, I flipped through the yellowed pages as I called up a local guild master.

"Fairy Tail guild hall! What can I-" The white-haired mage Mira Jane answered, "Oh, hi Lahar! How are you?"

"It's a pleasure to speak again, Mira, however," I glanced up from the book I was skimming to speak to her face to face, "This is an urgent matter. I'm going to need to speak to Makarov."

"Sure thing!" She smiled, passing the lacrima over.

"What can I do for you, Lahar?" Makarov's aged voice spoke, "Have my guild members caused you more headaches? I knew it was a bad idea allowing that many of them to join an independent case..."

"No, it's nothing like that today. I'm not sure to the case you're referring to, but as long as it doesn't interfere with the council, I'm willing to overlook it for the meantime," I put more determination in my voice, "I'm requesting the aid of one of your wizards, Freed Justine."

"Freed? That's certainly an odd choice," He ran his fingers along his mustache for a moment in thought, "I believe you're in luck. The thunder legion just returned from a case this morning, so I'll send him to your location immediately."

"You have my gratitude, do you need me to send you an address?" I inquired,

"There's no need, the lacrima can give us the coordinates needed to find you," He seemed to be working on the lacrima from his end, before making eye contact with me again, "You're relatively close, so Freed should be able to make it there within the hour."

"I, as well as the council, thank you for your contribution. Freed should be returned to you by night fall."

"Very well. Until next time, Lahar," Makarov nodded in my direction,

"Until next time." I agreed. When those words were said, the lacrimas lost connection and became were reduced to their usual state once again. I placed it back in the drawer where it belonged, and continued searching the spell book for what I needed.

-45 minutes later-

It felt like it had been hours since I hung up with Makarov. That's why when I heard a knock on the door, I nearly sprinted to the sound.

"It's me, Freed Just-" I swung open the door and grabbed him by the shoulder, shoving him into my apartment with only a slight objection from him.

"I need you to cast a spell for me, Justine. Will you be so inclined to write this for me?" I asked, handing him the book I'd been holding onto.

He looked it over with a concerned look, "This type of inscription is meant to trap whoever enters it. Is that your intention?"

"Unfortunately, it seems so," I replied, looking away as I took a seat, "But there's no complications with the spell- are there?"