She Smiles

Jellal's P.O.V

Why did it hurt when she called me 'friend'? Of course I'm her friend. I'm always going to be her friend, no matter what.

She couldn't see but I was more red than I've ever been... I've blushed so many times today, I lost count. I took off my coat and put it on a near by chair.

I was planning on keeping on a shirt and pants, so she wouldn't get the wrong idea.

Oh god.

I looked down and realized there was mud all over my clothes from when Meredy and I tripped when running away from Asmodai yesterday. No way could I bring dirt into bed like that, Erza would (possibly quite literally) kill me.

Oh god.

I went into the bathroom and ran a bath, closing the door behind me. I undressed and washed the dirt off of my clothes. After wringing them out, they still were too damp to wear to bed. I hung them up and stepped back.

Oh god.

I didn't have any other clothes on hand. I was just wearing my boxers.

Oh god.

Looks like I'm going to have to get more comfortable than I would've liked tonight. I reached my arm out of the bathroom to turn off the light before I stepped into the bedroom anxiously.

"Okay, Erza, I'm sorry, There was dirt on my clothes and I couldn't bring that into bed so I washed them. But now they're too wet and I don't want to make the sheets wet, obviously. So I'm sorry, it's impolite of me, and I know how ungentlemanly-"

"Jellal" she faintly interrupted me,

"Yes?" I responded without a second of delay,

"It's fine, let's just get some sleep, okay?"

"Alright..." I swallowed roughly and took a deep breath.

I awkwardly stepped over to the bed, glad she wasn't turning around. I'm definitely not afraid of being in this state around Erza, I've known her nearly my entire life. I was apprehensively trying to avoid being indecent, however the odds were not in my favor tonight as I cautiously sat on the bed, looking over my shoulder nervously. In the moonlight coming in through the window, It was hard to tell but I swear Erza was smiling.

____________________________________________________________________________________